Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1993 190e 2.3L, 2002 GMC Sierra Denali Quadrasteer
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heat quit working last year - tested it down to the switchover valve. Took the glovebox and right vent out, and I got the heat working by rapping on the electro-vacuum switchover valve unit in there. It must get "stuck".. Lasts for a few days, and I'm back to hitting it. Summer came, so didn't mind it not working for the past few months.... Now that cold months are right around the corner, does anyone have any tips on how to get this sucker out? I can't seem to wrestle it out. It wiggles some, but is it strapped in? What's this module above it with a 5/8" rubber hose going into it? I don't want to break any vacuum lines. I've searched everywhere, but apparently no one has done a walkthrough yet.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
'85 W201.601; '13 X204.651
744 Posts
It's strapped in there with a type of Ziploc. It's removable. That hose is going to the aspirator that blows air for the interior temp sensor in your roof.

If you have your glovebox out you should be able to get a hand in there to release the strap. If not, cut it and replace it to hold the valve to the brace it's now strapped to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts