Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
114 Posts
Wow, thats it? I thought they were still building for 05? I guess I am glad I got one when I had the chance then. I guess Europa will have to update their web site.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
interesting no chrome tire cover and it looks like the parking sensors are smaller. Nice picture though!

·
Registered
02 G500
114 Posts
That chrome cover was actually an option on my 05. I guess if they can make a buck they will.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
actually, the more i think about it, it should be an option. It's heavy adding stress to the carrier, and doesn't really do anything accept look cool... I may put mine back on, but for now i have my spare tire reversed. Doesn't weigh any more than no cover at all, and still is cosmetically clean. I'm surprised they never released an updated carrier that would allow for reversal of the tire... they have one but it's for the old narrower wheels with less offset so it'd hit the body with the new wheels.

·
Registered
UK:V40;UAE:G500-2000
99 Posts
hmm also strange the tape cut-outs for where the windows normally are, do they cut them out later?! or maybe that is just a cover and the real top is underneath...you've been at quite a few "right places at the right time" harald..lol, i respect that

·
Registered
573 Posts
4x4abc - 2/8/2005 4:21 PM

I saw the very last 463 G convertible leave the assembly line - a G400 CDI

Harald,

I fixed your post.[:D] [:D] [:D] It needed quantifying.

I guess that they are finally allowing the use of cameras on the line. [:p]

Welcome back and thanks for the info.

mfg,

-Sean P.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
ewalberg - 2/8/2005 7:27 PM

actually, the more i think about it, it should be an option. It's heavy adding stress to the carrier, and doesn't really do anything accept look cool... I may put mine back on, but for now i have my spare tire reversed. Doesn't weigh any more than no cover at all, and still is cosmetically clean. I'm surprised they never released an updated carrier that would allow for reversal of the tire... they have one but it's for the old narrower wheels with less offset so it'd hit the body with the new wheels.
Is there special bolts or adapters to be able to reverse the spare tire?

Chuck

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sean,

what did you fix and how?

I have always been able to take pictures in Graz. But I obtain permission before I unpack my cameras. I even took detailed shots of the Canadian 270.

Harald

·
Registered
1985 300GD LWB 5 Speed
1,079 Posts
RE: last convertible - Harald: could you post some Canadian G 270 shots?

Harald,

Could you post a few of the 270 shots? That would be interesting to see.

There must have been some looks of muted grief on the line at Graz. Some of those workers have been there since the beginning. And, some families have worked that line over a couple of generations.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
Only special in so far as i only had one set made. YOu work with aluminum? I forget. I can send a drawing or have another set made.

·
Registered
2000 G300 TD
466 Posts
4x4abc - 2/9/2005 9:21 PM

I saw the very last G convertible leave the assembly line - a G400 CDI
So are you saying that they no longer make any of them? Just LWBs and SWBs now?

·
Registered
573 Posts

I saw the very last G convertible leave the assembly line - a G400 CDI

I saw the very last 463 G convertible leave the assembly line - a G400 CDI

Harald,

The change was subtle. It was in your quote and not in your actual post. Can you find it above? [;)]

As for the photos, I was told while on the line that the labor unions would get pissy. So like any good boy, I'm complied. Guess I need to get better connected to the G-wagen Mafia. [:D]

-Sean P.

·
Registered
G400CDI,G320,G500
82 Posts
I just can not believe thay are going to stop building them..............I have asked my MB dealer and he said I can still order whatever model with whatever option I want...........on the other hand I think they may only make the G55 AMG as the luxury car in future and get rid of all the other models........[xx(]I have ben driving them for over 20 years...........I started with my dads car when I was only a teenager!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts