Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
slk 200 kompessor
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i cought by police for going with 140 km and i got a ticket im thinking to buy a laser radar detector and i would like your opinion if it worth to bay from e-bay and if anyone having ne for selling and what is your opinion for snooker S3 or generaly your opinion for the matter

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
thrilos - 4/8/2005 3:46 AM

As i cought by police for going with 140 km and i got a ticket im thinking to buy a laser radar detector and i would like your opinion if it worth to bay from e-bay and if anyone having ne for selling and what is your opinion for snooker S3 or generaly your opinion for the matter
thrilos:
If you update your profile with a location, I think you will get a better response for what works in your area....[;)]

·
Registered
Orion Blue SLK350
108 Posts
Radar yes, laser not really useful

thrilos - 4/8/2005 3:46 AM

I have Laser capability as part of my radar detector, but in general Laser detectors are pretty well regarded as useless. By the time you hear the signal, you've been nailed. Unlike radar, you really don't get any advance notice and time to slow down. If it's legal in your area, Radar is a great investment assuming you get a decent unit (and you usually get Laser for free anyway).

Jerry

·
Registered
slk 350
126 Posts
I never met a radar detector that I couldn" beat, and I did it for 25 yrs.
My feeling is your just wasting your money.

·
Registered
Orion Blue SLK350
108 Posts
patrooper - 4/8/2005 1:39 PM

I never met a radar detector that I couldn" beat, and I did it for 25 yrs.
My feeling is your just wasting your money.
Well, maybe you're craftier than most, but my radar detector has saved my butt on numerous occasions when I might not have been quite as attentive to my speed as I should have been (that's my story and I'm sticking to it [}:)]).

Jerry

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
I use valentine 1, I agree with comments made earlier, Laser detection is pretty much useless, by the time you hear the beep, it is already too late! So bottom line is, memorize their favorite spots and look out for assistance from other drivers when they flash their lights feverishly to warn you of impeding danger....[8D]

·
Registered
SLK 2OO K
19 Posts
thrile,
since tou bought an MB you 've got plenty of money to pay all your police tickets.
What i'm suggesting is to drive slower.
laser stuff is completely waste of money.
Kekropas-Athens Greece[B)]

·
Registered
SLK 200 K
278 Posts
haha! very well said KEKROPA!!! well i ve got some speeding tickets myself as well but got away very easily!! no, it s not that i own a beatiful car like you do guys but i hold a US driving permit. so, having you busted for speeding here in greece with that kind of license is silly cos neither the point system cannot be applied to my license nor a pay expensive fines cos i say that im in greece only for vacation. clever isnt it?

i welcome you to the forum, all athens members!

take care
drive safely

·
Registered
2000SLK-2005SLK
57 Posts
Greek 1,
You are under arrest! Turn in your phony driver's license and report to my office in Anthens tomorrow at 9:00 am. We know how to treat you scofflaws.

Officer O'Malley
Phony License Dept.[8)]

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
what is the purpose of a radar detector? Think about it, would you go into a bad neighborhood just because you now carry a gun? Does it make it safer? A radar detector helps (I have one) but you need to be smart, attentive and most of all respect the law... and if you buy that, I have some real estate I'd like to sell you... LOL

·
Registered
SLK 200 K
278 Posts
well actually Doctor K i reside in the US as well, and i renew my license every single year. what s the prob? indeed very funny! i really laughed at your smart commnent. take care drive your car safely and always buckled up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts