Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Copy of post on pirate regarding chili challenge this coming feb. Hope some mogs might make it this year. I will be there of course in my 404 and my 1300L for grins. Likely take the 1300 on some of the more open trails.

Pirate thread: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=933863

February 23rd. – 26th., 2011

http://www.chilechallenge.org/

There will likely be a good Land Rover turn out for the event with several infamous LR geeks (erm I mean LR enthusiasts) already committed.

We plan on running only the extreme trails this yeaFebruary 23rd. – 26th., 2011

Chile Challenge - Index Page

There will likely be a good Land Rover turn out for the event with several infamous LR geeks (erm I mean LR enthusiasts) already committed.

We plan on running only the extreme trails this year

Attachments

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,417 Posts
That's right around when I'll be up in Montrose this winter.
If I drive over can I hitch a ride ? I'm good ballast ;)

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We should have a seat available. You cam even drive the 404 a bit.

·
Banned
A lot of very nice Unimog...
438 Posts
How's the weather down there that time of year and where from Albuquerque is it?
We might be in Mexico running dunes around then,but if not that looks great.

J.Couch

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weather is pretty nice. Typically its a bit windy but your down in canyons all day long so its no big deal. Temps are usually 55-75 degrees during the day. Mornings and nights are pretty cool, but as long as your not a douche like me who drives an open top 404 with no windshield at 50mph you should be fine.

As far as location, its roughly 3 hrs due south of albuquerque and 1 hr north of El paso. Its in the surrounding hills of Las Cruces NM.

The pics above are all the "moderate/hard" trails. They are suitable for all unimogs regardless of size or color. The extreme trails that we will be signed up for are hugely more difficult than the pics shown, and used to be an ARCA competition course. 404's are fine, "buggy" mogs will love em but the large bodied trucks will have a hard time just plain fitting under the cliff overhangs in some places.

Lets see some mogs again in Las Cruces. Bring a truck Load of big and small mogs Jay!!! You wont be disappointed.

·
Banned
A lot of very nice Unimog...
438 Posts
Sure sounds tempting. Last time I was at the Altar Desert in Mexico I broke my leg badly. Probably an omen telling me to stay in the states.

J.couch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts