Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, can anybody help me. My lamp defective<br> light comes on within the first minute of driving.<br> The problem is that all the bulbs are working fine<br> or so it seems. My car is a 96 e320. Thanks Hilton

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
Hi guys, can anybody help me. My lamp defective<br> light comes on within the first minute of driving.<br> The problem is that all the bulbs are working fine<br> or so it seems. My car is a 96 e320. Thanks Hilton
I think it's the same brake light problem that many people got. On most cars, it occurred on the right rear brake light. Try this, start the engine, gear in Park, have someone step on the brake while you observe the brake lights. If one of the brake does not come one, stop the engine. Go to your computer to the forum for your particular MB model, search for "brake light" for the fix. The cause was the high current burned the contact of rear lamp assembly.

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
check <br> the <br> 3rd <br> light <br>

·
Registered
E320 '98
2 Posts
The same problem here on '98 E320.
Actually I had the right brake light burnt and replaced. After the replacement, the Defective Light message appeared, disappeared and then reappeared each for a few days. Most probably, it's a loose connection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts