Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1998 S280
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i know this is a lame question, but how do i stop my damn wiper blades squeaking!!

when i got the car, they moved so silently. is there something i can treat the blades or windshield with?

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
The squeaking is coming from film of oil from road grime on your windshield. Wash windshield and wipers blades with warm dishwashing liquid/water mixture, scrubbing nicely. Yes dishwashing, not car wash soap. Wash and rinse completely. Then put Rain-X, scrubbing well into glass in circular motion (Karate Kid). Polish with cotton towel until dry. Finally, dampen towel and wipe and polish until dry and streaks dissapear. No squeaks, no water on windshield, no wipers required as well, save the wear and tear.

yeah i know this is a lame question, but how do i stop my damn wiper blades squeaking!!

when i got the car, they moved so silently. is there something i can treat the blades or windshield with?

· Registered
00 S500,99 4wgn,87TD
577 Posts
New blades are coated with a graphite compound to prevent chatter and noise. Are they ne...

New blades are coated with a graphite compound to prevent chatter and noise. Are they new?? If not change them....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.