Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 WAGON
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Check engine light came on today and after checking the code (#3) it is the LAMBDA Control. Anyone know where this is? 95-E320. Thanks.

·
Registered
300TE 4-Matic 300GD
330 Posts
Hi.

It's in your exhaust. Follow the pipes, and look for a stud with 2 or 3 wires connected. That's it.

Regards

geir

·
Registered
300TE 4-Matic 300GD
330 Posts
Hi again.

OK. In hindsight I can see that I misread or misunderstood your question. Maybe I just guessed you meant the sensor. In Europe, the O2 sensor is often called a "lambda sonde". The last thing I meant, was to be rude, or to mislead you.

Anyway, I guess you read out a DTC on the X11/4. And code 3 means quite correctly, that something is wrong with the lambda operation. But why you want to know the location of it, is a riddle for me. You are not going to learn anything from knowing that.

If American models are anything like the Euros, the lambda control unit will be integrated into your ECU (N3/1), or more precise, LH-SFI control module.

If you have a Star-Diagnosis handy, no prob. If you don't, you get quite far checking out the sensor, and it's wiring to the ECU. Finding buggers here, fixing it, and resetting the DTC storage cache in your diagnostic ECU (N59) is really worth a try. Because you can't research an ECU without verifying that the sensors/actuators and wiring are A+. So you or someone will have to do this prior to any ECU testing anyhow.

ECU testing is a little like anesthetic. There is always a risk of something going wrong. So avoiding doing that unnecessarily is a real good thing.

Regards

Geir

1 - 4 of 4 Posts