Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..i suddenly notiest that my C36-95 is lacking power in its midrang...i think.
if i put the pedal to the floor when cruising at city...it feels like it dont give me all.
but if i go from standing still and put the pedal to the floor it goes just as i want..

what can be the problem? the engine runs perfect otherwise

pleasehelp me im going mad!!

·
Registered
98 mecedes c43
69 Posts
i would think that its normal because it takes some time to downshift why dont you try dow...

i would think that its normal because it takes some time to downshift why dont you try downshifting yourself and see what happens.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mm...havent tried that yet(havent had the car for a month yet), could be my imagination bu...

mm...havent tried that yet(havent had the car for a month yet), could be my imagination but im not sure, i have that feeling that it had more power befor...but it could be the automatic as you say, will try it tomorow.

have just put in a stereo in my beloved benz, DLS and Phoenix Gold sounds like a konsert hall..but i really have to find out if the engine is all rigt..maybe they can see some thing with the computer at mercedes!

god night

·
Registered
1997 C36 AMG
53 Posts
Hi..i suddenly notiest that my C36-95 is lacking power in its midrang...i think.
if i put the pedal to the floor when cruising at city...it feels like it dont give me all.
but if i go from standing still and put the pedal to the floor it goes just as i want..

what can be the problem? the engine runs perfect otherwise

pleasehelp me im going mad!!
Could your MAF sensor need to be replace.

Sounds like it's not as responsive as it should be.

Also what is the mileage on the car.

Replacing fresh sparkplugs wouldn't hurt either. :)

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi now i have had a service of my benz te new spark plug gave a new caracter to the car it...

Hi now i have had a service of my benz te new spark plug gave a new caracter to the car its like pushing an on button just like you sad J Irwan.. the spark plugs was about 1.1mm space between electrods insted of its 0,8mm also now the car runs like hell...raced a Volvo S60 T5 (255hp) yeasterday he was badly beetend by my C36...but now its time to change my brake pads and even the discs in front..but i was happely suprised how cheep they where under 150$ for every thing thats even cheeper then for a volvo..hehe!

see ya!

a picture of last summers race with my c200 hmm about 150hp more this summer.maybe i can stand a chanse against that GTI-R...naaa dont think so!!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts