Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 MB SLK 200 Komp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order the hood air wings from the site www.r171.co.uk, they tell that it will take 10 working days before shipment, the days have pass and still no information. I send them an email and they told me that they are sure that I already have received a shipment confirmation by email, which I never received. I ask for tracking or AWB number and I did not receive any feedback. Do some one have similar problem with this site? Could you trust them? I hope that my credit card is not charge if I don't receive the accessories.

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
Unfortuantely this seems to be a classic story with them.

Some people have received bits from them while others haven't.

Nobody from their company appears to read this forum - although their sponsored it - or at least they do not wish to respond.

Sadly I will not be putting any business their way. Whilst my local MB dealership is a little more expensive I can gaurantee I will get the goods I ordered.

·
Registered
SLK 350
7 Posts
I purchased several items before Christmas which I still have not received. They told me to stop complaining, that the items had been shipped and the lack of delivery was my problem!! This is clearly not the case with UK law - I'm now taking legal action.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
WHat have you ordered and not received?

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
On the S-2000 board there is a "one man" company that sales S-2000 accessories called Rick's. He is active on the site and answers many threads himself. I wish the person at www.r171.co.uk would adopt this up front and out in the open style.

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Julien - 2/16/2005 9:04 AM

On the S-2000 board there is a "one man" company that sales S-2000 accessories called Rick's. He is active on the site and answers many threads himself. I wish the person at www.r171.co.uk would adopt this up front and out in the open style.
This reminds me of Steve - MBenzNL, a one man show that grew to a 3 man operation. He was always communicative and he got lots more work from referrals than advertising his wares.
The motto?
Do a good job, address your customer's needs and your firm will grow.

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
I ordered the aerowings, and within 2 weeks I had them. I placed an order for a painted AMG rear spoiler on Jan. 2nd and just got confirmation yesterday that it had been shipped. Every time I emailed to inquire on the status, I had a prompt reply. I have been satisfied with my service from them so far. I'm sure they are not out to take your money and give nothing in return. There may be delays, like with my wing, but I beleive everyone should be happy in the end. I would order from them again.

·
Registered
SLK 200K
13 Posts
Tonight I received 4 emails from r171.co.uk ref my order, I feel quite privelaged by some of the stories. I have ordered the Vario opening device and the aero wings. I wasn't too worried as I don't pick up my car till March. Pointless having aero wings with no car to put them on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts