Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 300E 2.8
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Euro headlights and would like my mechanic to install them. (I live in an apartment and do not have a lot of tools)

I do not have headlight wipers and do not want to install the height adjuster.

I heard this is a pretty easy job, but would like to have this confirmed. How long would it take the mechanic to replace the lights? If it's less than 1 hour labor I am willing to pay him to do it (~75 bucks) - otherwise I will do it myself.

Thanks for the input!

md500

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
if you bought the Bosch euro kit then its about a 10 min job.

all other shit wont fit properly and it will be hard and of course more time.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you have all of the correct parts (new wiring adapters), basic directions, and you don't tend to be too handy, you should be able to do it yourself in 2 hours or less. All you need are very basic tools- a wrench I think is all you'll probably need. It's pretty easy.

A mechanic should be embarassed of himself if it takes him more than 45 minutes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, actualy. it is not rather question of installation, but the question of regulation of the light beam.
to screw old optics and put in new one - 5 min (if yuou have appropriate gudgets). if you have done it firmly - you do not need even additionaly regulate light.
my suugestion is to look into manual - make change by yourself, and got to tech service station to check wether beam shooting correctly.
simple!

·
Registered
88 Benz 260E
534 Posts
md500 if you're in So Cal swing by I'll help you install those..

~Cali

1 - 5 of 5 Posts