Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
i used h&r sport springs and bilstein sport shocks, so i dont really have much info on what your looking at getting. i definitely like the looks alot better, and the ride quality isnt too bad, but is a noticeable difference. the feel of the car is great though, now i just need some power :D

·
Registered
98c230 & 98c43
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately i'm sure that costs far more than what i was offered for the KYB and Eibachs... :( Bleh

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
KYBs are OK - Japanese and I believe a bit softer than OEM Bilsteins which is why I fitted them to my SLK - 40k kms on, still good

Due to price, I would prefer to replace twice in 100+k rather than once with Bilsteins(good tho they are- they were shot at 120k kms on a fairly light car)

Bruce

·
Registered
1986 190D 2.5 5 Speed
608 Posts
This is the setup I have (Eibachs and KYB's). I cannot speak for durability as I have only put about 6k on this setup, but as far as handling and ride, I am very pleased. Michael

·
Registered
98c230 & 98c43
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm... the one i'm thinking of buying currently has about 8k on them. I'm thinking about taking the chance to slam my car, but i dont want it falling apart in a few months at the same time.

I'm also sitting on stock rims without any aggressive setup either... Rear wheels are like, 2 inches inside the fender, which is kinda horrid. I NEED SPACERS TOO! D:

·
Registered
1986 190D 2.5 5 Speed
608 Posts
Hmm... the one i'm thinking of buying currently has about 8k on them. I'm thinking about taking the chance to slam my car, but i dont want it falling apart in a few months at the same time.

I'm also sitting on stock rims without any aggressive setup either... Rear wheels are like, 2 inches inside the fender, which is kinda horrid. I NEED SPACERS TOO! D:
I may have some 10mm spacers around if they will help. I have to look for them, but they are yours for shipping if it will help. Michael

8k is nothing - even for KYB.

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Get some advice before using spacers ! You need to know what you're doing

Bruce

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
lowering the car with stock 15" wheels might look a little wierd, however i dont think ive ever seen it done, so i dont know. maybe someone else has pics they could share. i agree with the stock wheels, they are way too far inside the fender. my 9.5" wide rear wheels fill the wheel well nicely haha.

·
Registered
1986 190D 2.5 5 Speed
608 Posts
lowering the car with stock 15" wheels might look a little wierd, however i dont think ive ever seen it done, so i dont know. maybe someone else has pics they could share. i agree with the stock wheels, they are way too far inside the fender. my 9.5" wide rear wheels fill the wheel well nicely haha.
Here are a few pics of my car from another thread. Keep in mind: My car is an early car and this is before I added spacers (early cars really need spring spacers/I think your's is late).http://www.benzworld.org/forums/3094242-post6.html

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
by spacers do you mean spring pads or shims? i just changed my springs out and i had #1 pads up front and #2 pads in the rear. i think it looks ok for now, ill have to get some new pictures up here after i finish my flex discs and mounts and see what adjustments everyone thinks i should make. right now im thinking about maybe adding 5mm wheel spacers to the rear wheels to have them match the look of the front wheels. i wish i could make the front wheels go in about 3mm haha, but i cant :(

·
Registered
98c230 & 98c43
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a few pics of my car from another thread. Keep in mind: My car is an early car and this is before I added spacers (early cars really need spring spacers/I think your's is late).http://www.benzworld.org/forums/3094242-post6.html
Yea, mine is facelifted (97+). I highly doubt there will be any big difference though. Even in stock rims a slam makes it look much better. I'm waiting for a response from the guy with the springs and kyb shocks; it's been a few days i dont even know if he logged on lately...

·
Registered
1986 190D 2.5 5 Speed
608 Posts
by spacers do you mean spring pads or shims? i just changed my springs out and i had #1 pads up front and #2 pads in the rear. i think it looks ok for now, ill have to get some new pictures up here after i finish my flex discs and mounts and see what adjustments everyone thinks i should make. right now im thinking about maybe adding 5mm wheel spacers to the rear wheels to have them match the look of the front wheels. i wish i could make the front wheels go in about 3mm haha, but i cant :(
Sorry, I do mean pads/shims. The early ones seem to need pads, the late ones seem to not (from my limited research).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts