Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002, C320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem, I recently got my 02' C320 w/o sports package from a private owner. I'm starting to upgrade the wheels/springs/shocks, but I'm not sure which one to pick. I have already ordered the wheels, which are on the way. I have purchased the 18x7.5f and 18x8.5r replica Brabus IV (had to get the replicas due to my budget). Now here is where I'm stuck.
The spings/shock combo: the options I'm looking at are either:

1. H&R Sport Spring Set w/ the Koni Sport shocks/struts. The springs on this package is 1.4f / 1.3r. The Koni shock can also be adjusted (height).

2. H&R Cup Suspension Kit, which has everything included. the drop on this package is a little more aggressive at 2.0f / 1.4r.

The prices for both packages are approximately the same from $1000.00 to $1300.00 installed. My question is: Which ride is better overall. I know everyone's preference is different so what I'm looking for is a reasonable ride that is not too harsh. Also, I'm worried that the cupkit may be too low where it would take too much effort to drive the car (speed bumps, pot holes, driveways). I want the gap in the wheel well as small as possible but not to the point where I have to worry about every little bump and pothole in the road. I also heard that there may be Bilstein shocks available for my car..Is this true? 1st posting...Please HELP!!!!

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The Sport Springs and Koni sport shocks should ride better than the cup kit. The Koni s...

The Sport Springs and Koni sport shocks should ride better than the cup kit. The Koni shocks are adjustable for firmness not height.

Bilstein shocks are not as good as Konis. Some say they are little better than the stock shocks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts