Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After clearing my blocked breather tubes in the engine I also cleaned out other pipes for the air flow of any debris. If I remove the air filter lid or just leave it uncliped the noise you get off the supercharger is really amplified and to be honest I love the sound of it ! I am thinking of keeping the air filter box in place and allowing the supercharger port to be vented through just a cone filter outside the filter box as the factory set up is the outport from the supercharger is normaly routed back into the air filter box I guess for quietness.
Has anyone got any suggestions or pictures of what they have done for variations on the exit of the supercharger? Do you think it would be possible to add a BOV to the exit of the supercharger as the force of air at the pipe is really great or a device to give the all important WOooosh !! ha ha.

·
Registered
clk 230k
63 Posts
Hello mate,
a little bit unrelated to your question but did you notice any major improvement when you fitted the KN filter?

i hear a cone is good but only if you can direct cold air to it. warm air from your engine bay will decrease performance. (from what i remember of my max power reading days 15 years ago!)

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello mate,
a little bit unrelated to your question but did you notice any major improvement when you fitted the KN filter?

i hear a cone is good but only if you can direct cold air to it. warm air from your engine bay will decrease performance. (from what i remember of my max power reading days 15 years ago!)
MAX POWER now thats old skool mate ! was the it the month with the Merc 190E Cosworth in ! ha ha .
I feel that the K&N does improve the air flow, there may be sceptics out there but certainly even if you blow through it its easier then the old filter. The other benefit is that it does nto need to be changed everyyear either and only costs about twice the price of one from Euro car parts so you get a saving after 2 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts