Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes CLK 320 Mercedes 500SL
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people.

I was a former CLK driver and yesterday, i picked up this yay!

MERCEDES SL500 SPORTS-METALLIC SILVER-HUGE SPEC-36K-VGC on eBay, also, Mercedes-Benz, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 10-May-08 19:55:21 BST)

Loving the car so far...one thing thats bugging me...when I go over speed humps and pot holes, there is a bit of a creak coming from the top right hand corner of the roof..(where the hard- top hinge connects to the window)...is this a common problem? any tips would be most welcome.

·
Registered
2004 SL500, 2007 R350
284 Posts
Congrats C1K on your SL and welcome. You'll love it.

I had a bit of creak going over the odd bump so when it was in for its 1st service they lub'd it and it's been fine ever since though only done 18,000 miles. Don't know what they did I'm afraid but your dealer should know as it's a common problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
how is the 2002 model?
cos i was looking at buying an SL in the UK too.
for £30k i can get an SL350 2005, but there are pently of 2002 and 2003 models...
how is everything in your new car?
feedback most welcome :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats C1K on your SL and welcome. You'll love it.

I had a bit of creak going over the odd bump so when it was in for its 1st service they lub'd it and it's been fine ever since though only done 18,000 miles. Don't know what they did I'm afraid but your dealer should know as it's a common problem.
yeah probably needs some wd40 or petroleum jelly - i'll do that and see what happens, car was in storage under a cover for 6 months so things bound to be a bit dry. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how is the 2002 model?
cos i was looking at buying an SL in the UK too.
for £30k i can get an SL350 2005, but there are pently of 2002 and 2003 models...
how is everything in your new car?
feedback most welcome :)
so far so good. I didnt go for 350 as most of them don't have keyless go - this is definately a wow factor and one of the reasons i chose the 500. The only thing i havent got is the panoramic sunroof that appears on some 2003 models and i have a 2004 version sat Nav cd...but al in all, its fantastic and it "growls" when you put your foot down...the CLK used to "purr" along

I had £30k to spend but given that i had never had one before it was too much of a gamble to spend the extra £5k, i thought if i like it then in a year or so i'l upgrade. They will generally get cheaper because (i presume) a lot of owners may upgrade to the new shape

1 - 5 of 5 Posts