Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any problems with the boost kit by Kleemann. If you have it, did you felt that it was worth it? Gains? Loses? How about the Upsolute chip. Any problems? Gains/Loses? Problems with OEM ecu? Screwed up your main computer? Please let me know. I'm considering these two mods.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Although you may find me biased since I sell Kleemann products, I think that a 20% gain in both HP and Torque is well worth $899. <br> <br> I've heard both good and bad about the Upsolute chip. Some people report decent gains, while others get nothing.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For Marc430

How much does the Kleemann Supercharger (inc. intercooler) complete set cost (is it US$899)? And how much would the shipping be to Japan? Can I purchase using my CCard on the internet? Would be better since it's troublesome to wire tranfer,cashiers check or money orders esspecially over here.Soo much hassle & queations!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, at this moment, I am 90% sure about getting the Kleemann boost kit. As for the Upsolute chip, I still am weary about it because Brabus states that the OEM chip is already opitimized for max. performance in regards to fuel efficiency, HP, torque, etc. and altering it in any way isn't recommended. Is that what you heard? Any ideas on the truth to this statement?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes

DynoSport in San Diego has a chip/pulley combination. Wetteraur, Carlsson, RennTech and soon others have pulley kits. We are putting together a group buy on another board with the lowest bidder and if you are interested let me know. Also we discussed making our own.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chippy...haha.

Hey...when is the group buy??...and for wat chip??btw..do u noe how much a brabus kit cost??..i called my dealer...they told me it is around 2800..the pulley..the exhaust..and i dunno what...wat do u guys think??..good deal?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't get me started

Owning a Benz is like having sucker tatooed on your forehead. Your car has an Eaton M45 Supercharger, the kind that many ricers put in their Honda's. This is the smallest, cheapest one Eaton makes. Now you would think that a pulley, like those that ASP Racing makes for Eaton superchargers that costs under $100 is a little steep for just a pulley but it worth it because they put R&D into it and theirs sales costs. Now because of that tattoo on your forehead some guy with a thick German or Danish accent will convince you to may way more than $100 for a pulley, convince you that it's made with the same precision of a Rolex watch and is machined of some special alloy that was used in the making of the space shuttle. So what I'm trying to do is work with Mark Cummings on the other board (if I mention it they will take this post off) to negotiate a group buy of about 15-20 pullies for these forums members. If talks break down I'm trying to get the specs over to ASP Racing so they can start making it. If you know anyone in Texas with a C230 that would speed things up tremendously. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Don't get me started

I have a C230, but it's been in hospital for 12 days now, the doctor's don't know what's wrong. I live in Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas, if I can be any help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Find a different doctor!

I'ld be counting down the days to 30, the magic number at which MB buys you a new car. Check your local lemon laws to see if you qualify. Texas is pretty generous compared to my state, California. If you car is out of service for 24 months or two repair attempts in 12 months for the same problem. No too shabby. So, what car are you getting next?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Oops, that's a lemon if out for 30 days in 24 months.

Thanks for the info.<br> <br> I actually like the car, but it is already in for its second hospital stay for the same problem - cuts out for no reason. We took delivery in Early November 01, and my wife (to whom the car belongs) feels scared driving it at night, as it is totally unpredictable.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the Kleemann kit CARB Certified

You'll need to show a CARB certification number in California to have an engine modification installed. I have not seen any CARB certification on any of these pulley kits. Failure to do so will cause the dealer to receive heavy fines and be forced to recall each install. It's funny because Harley Davidson has a performance arm called Screaming Eagle. Most, if not all their mods like cams, exhausts, etc. are stamped for closed circuit racing only. The dealers used to be happy to install the stuff. They will sell you whatever they want but will no longer install it, at least the two closest HD dealers near me.<br> <br> There's also similar EPA Certification required but most other state don't pursue it with diligence like CA. I guess one way around it is to re-register your car as an off road vehicle and then they can legally put the mods on or have it done in Mexico.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lemon Law it before it's too late

Setup a meeting between the service manager, zone rep and you and ask what the process is to start a lemon law claim. Many times like in my case they will show you what's available and let you pick. With this route you'll have to make tax & registration likely but MB gets the car without a lemon law title. The other choice is to file the paperwork as soon as possible as it took me 6 months with Infiniti. Keep all your receipts and make sure you have full documentation from your dealer showing when you brought the car in and when it was allegedly repaired. Don't be intimidated by them because in lemon law arbitration, the manufacturers are usually not allowed to bring lawyers and the dealer won't even be there. Usually just you, the zone rep and the arbitrator, very informal.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WELL.....For the money the UPSOLUTE software mod is a BEST BUY for the $325.00 as the C COUPE came ALIVE after the SOFTWARE MOD was done (PEAK GAIN OF 30HP)ITS a LOT FASTER!!EVEN with the auto trans<br> <br> BTW I am installing a pulley set (next week )from KLEEMAN for about 20HP MORE<br> <br> also working on a COLD air system for a couple more HP<br> and a LARGER INTERCOOLER......<br> and a rear muffler for some more poss 2/3hp?<br> <br> The cold air kit and rear muffler will be sold thru EVOSPORT when done<br> as you can order the pulley kit from them also <br> for the software mod go to UPSOLUTE.COM

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Oops, that's a lemon if out for 30 days in 24 months.

<br> rp. I am going through a lemon law suite with Mercedes as we speak. I need you to email me your name and your number with all of the problems that you have had with your car also. I am going to let Mercedes know that I am not the only one that has problems with this car. I think we need to stand together to get Mercedes to recall these cars until they get it fixed, before someone gets killed. I am trying to make a strong case for myself so that I can win this case, I really would appreciate your help. Thank Adrian C<br>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts