Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 SL500 w. sport package...great car, but 302 HP just isn't enough. I'm considering adding a Kleemann supercharger. I'm concerned about voiding the MBUSA warranty, though.

Has anyone out there had any experience in this area? Here's the response I got from Kleemann:

The addition of our kompressor system will NOT void your warranty. A law called the Magnuson-Moss act of 1975 states that it is illegal for a dealer to void your warranty due to the presence of an aftermarket part. The burden of proof lies on the dealer or manufacturer to explicitly prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure.

Also, has anyone else out there had Kleemann experiences (good or bad?)

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can virtually be assured that everytime you take your car for waranty work there will ...

You can virtually be assured that everytime you take your car for waranty work there will be an issue. Kleemann is correct in stating what the lawis , but rest assured it will be an issue. Another option is to use the amg supercarger from renntech. There will be less issues from the dealer if the upgrades are from the MB parts bin. The price of the 2 sytems are comparable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts