Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005/6 S500 4MATIC W220 - Black
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into ways of boosting my S500 4MATICs performance, but the main things that pop up are ECU re-map, exhaust and air intake (minor gains). I saw that Kleemann does a Supercharger for the 500 (M113) engines, along with a new ECU and Exhaust. So this is the most expensive, but best solution. I am only worried about how the 4MATIC system will perform with the supercharger Has anyone done this on a W220 or any 4MATIC mercedes model?

I also didn't find anyone wo did this to their W220, do you guys know of anyone who has?

Thank you.

·
Registered
96 and 08 911 turbos
2,988 Posts
I'm not sure I'd bother. The 4matic system should be ok so long as you aren't doing brakestands and full throttle launches.

then again, you are looking at $15k for the kit, probably another $3k for install.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I'd bother. The 4matic system should be ok so long as you aren't doing brakestands and full throttle launches.

then again, you are looking at $15k for the kit, probably another $3k for install.
Kit is 11k with install, the price is not what bothers me, just wether it will work with the 4-matic system

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will it work, sure, for how long depends on how badly you beat on it.
The main reason I'm doing this is for overtaking, I need more power on the roads I drive on. They are mostly mountain roads (when more power is mostly needed), with few places to overtake, and when there is a chance, you have to have a lot of power to make it. I'm also getting SPRINTBOOSTER to increase throttle response, wider wheels for better handling (a must IMO), better brakes to stop the beast :)D) and an AMG bodykit to accommodate the intercooler and performance exhaust, side skirts to match.

·
Premium Member
1989 560sec 6.0L AMG & Renntech
2,355 Posts
Sounds like you actually have some decent plans. If I was in your shoes, I would go ahead an do it; however, I would avoid full bore launches. If you take care of it and treat it with respect (read: don't beat on it like an Italian driver would), I can't see any reason the 4matic wouldn't hold up fairly well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you actually have some decent plans. If I was in your shoes, I would go ahead an do it; however, I would avoid full bore launches. If you take care of it and treat it with respect (read: don't beat on it like an Italian driver would), I can't see any reason the 4matic wouldn't hold up fairly well.
Don't worry, I'm not an Audi driver :) And Italian drivers are just as bad as drivers in MNE and SRB :)

·
Premium Member
1989 560sec 6.0L AMG & Renntech
2,355 Posts
Don't worry, I'm not an Audi driver :) And Italian drivers are just as bad as drivers in MNE and SRB :)
I think you and I could get along just fine if we were neighbors :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would get a used s55 motor and drop it in. 500 horse power, u won't lose 11k if you resell it. thats my plan.
I was considering, but I would rather keep my current engine as its running great, just need a bit more power :) But Its always an option if a good deal pops up :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in Serbia, shipping and taxes would add so much to the price that I could have gone and bought a used S55 and did the swap :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts