Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here used Kleemann to upgrade their ECU? I am planning to send mine to them, I just wanted to get some feedback from people who have actually used them.

·
Registered
2003 s600, 2000 gs300
108 Posts
i did ecu and tcu. b4 had 430hp after had 480hp. you feel a kick at about 3000rpm where 23psi boost hits and lose the rear until 4500 rpm and drops off and get some traction. tcu adds m mode where you can hold any gear at wot as long as you dont kick down. not very responsive in 4th, 5th gears at low rpm, you just hear turbos spool up and slowly accelerate.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i did ecu and tcu. b4 had 430hp after had 480hp. you feel a kick at about 3000rpm where 23psi boost hits and lose the rear until 4500 rpm and drops off and get some traction. tcu adds m mode where you can hold any gear at wot as long as you dont kick down. not very responsive in 4th, 5th gears at low rpm, you just hear turbos spool up and slowly accelerate.
Was the tune done to your 03 s600 v12 biturbo? Kleeman claims 627hp & 700 ft tq with the ECU upgrade on the Biturbo V12.

·
Registered
2003 s600, 2000 gs300
108 Posts
yes, i did have kleemann do my ecu, tcu. their advertised 627/700 is at the crank, mine is at the wheels measured on a dynojet dyno. Trany eats about 20% of engine torque, hp. if you ever get vibration in engine/ trany it may be the trany mount-just replaced mine and smooth at all rpm above 1200. i may need engine mounts too.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
I did Renntech and started at 390 RWHP before mods on a dynojet and after Renntech ECU/TCU was at 520+ RWHP. Renntech knows how to tune!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why is the pricing so high for these reflash tunes? I have had a couple of my cars tuned on a mustang chasis dyno. The cost included 4 hours of dyno time, SCT software and the tune was done by my tuner. everything was under $900. How can reflash to a generic setting be that expensive. There is no dyno time, and really no tuning, they are simply reflashing and sending the ECU back to you in the mail correct? There is a company that retunes chips through the mail on turbo buicks called turbo tweak. They charge a whopping 80 bucks to reflash your chip. I have never heard a single complaint about turbo tweak. I have used them and my grand national runs flawless. Im not trying to bash the benz tuning companies, because I will end up using one of them soon. Im just trying to understand it a bit more. Maybe someone knows somethig I dont?

·
Registered
2007 S600; 2005 Cayenne Turbo
4 Posts
Renn Tech ECU and TCU

I'm about to do Renntech's ECU and TCU for my 2007 S600. I'm planning to keep it simple and not dress the car up but keep it stock on the outside while getting it going on the inside. Any thoughts? Also, I'm wondering if there is a module that will allow me to adjust stiffness of the suspension a la AMG equipped cars.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was looking at getting something like this done to my 03 cl55, but price are just retarded! It probably takes them a whole 35 seconds to do it, and to charge that much??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was looking at getting something like this done to my 03 cl55, but price are just retarded! It probably takes them a whole 35 seconds to do it, and to charge that much??
Just found a place in San Diego that will do it for $4200 but its important to make sure you get someone off of the Renntech list as they are supposed to send the info from the OEM ECU to them and then get back a changed one. Supposedly takes 4 hours total but I am sure the upload is probably pretty quick. I was told to do the tranny as well otherwise you'll lose the quality of the MBZ ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel your pain. I am still looking for a better deal. Will let you know if I find something. From all that I spoke, they say the difference is very noticeable and changes the car into a 65 class vehicle.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I feel your pain. I am still looking for a better deal. Will let you know if I find something. From all that I spoke, they say the difference is very noticeable and changes the car into a 65 class vehicle.
Did anyone ever find better deal for ECU/TCU combo? I've heard $2,300 to $4,200 thus far.
PL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts