Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the new Car and Driver this month? The new SL 55 is now my new object of lust: 469 bhp / 516 lb-ft of torque. Ungoverned, MB claims this thing will hit 208 mph. No one makes tires to handle the weight/speed ratio, so they're governed at 155 or so. Not too shabby for a 4400 lb car. $115,500. Nice.<br> <br> Me wants!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ferrari F50 weights under 3000lbs....SL55 is 4400 lbs...(more)

Linh...I have to disagree with you.<br> <br> The article mentions that there are no road tires that can handle this type of car at high speeds around 200 mph. I am sure there are race car tires that can handl these kinds of speed, but no road tires can handle these kinds of speeds for a car that heavy.<br> <br> The ferrari f50 has a dry weight of 2700 lbs and road weight of around 3000 lbs. Also, Goodyear build a special tire for the F50 that was described as 'street legal version of the Formula-1 rain tires'.<br> <br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's just ridiculous, Mach :)

There's no point in that much hp in this vehicle. I'd like to see a comparison between the factory SL and the modded one. For the dizzying price this version would probably sell for, I'd just buy a Hennessey Viper 800. Pink slips, anyone? :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason why I mentioned it is because a Kleemann SL500 would be cheaper than an SL55

Even if you throw in the extra $1700 to purchase an aftermarket extended warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A Hennessey Viper? I hope not.

Judging from what I've read, Hennessey Motorsports has gone out of business. To shady or a business run by the infamous John Hennessey. Thats even if Hennessey gives you your car and money back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sunit..you might be right, but i'm sure if Mercedes ask Mechilen, they'll make them for Mercedes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts