Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is that built in brain of car or could I just pull out fuse to disable it?

I have problem that car doesn't have power. After I keep battery disconnected for 15 mins and put it back on I will have power back for about 5-10 minutes then it's gone again. Probably car thinks that something is wrong and swiches turbo off.

I have swapped glow plugs and fuel hoses on top of motor. Didn't seem to help.

All it shows is oil level low. however when I check it in the morning it's normal.
Could car swich to saftey mode because it thinks that oil level is low?

Vacuum has anything to do with turbo?
Where is air-compressor of this car located at? - the one that controls vacuum for door locks and such.

Basically I only get "time for service" and "low oil level" messages on the dash.

·
Registered
35,787 Posts
As always you suppose to start with reading the error codes.
Car can go into limp mode for several reasons. I had mine do it because of faulty gas pedal sensor. Do you have any fuel leaks in the injector pump area? Can you see air bubbles inside new hoses?
The vacuum pump is located next to the battery under rear seat.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Another trigger for limp mode is a liquid spill in to the console area that shorts the TCM, or a leak in the trans adapter connector that sends fluid up into the TCM with the same result. Certain trans codes can also trigger limp mode, and the electrical plate in the AT can go bad.

If no spills and the adapter/connector is clean and dry (you have to unplug it to inspect) then you might pay a dealer or indie that has the star diagnostic system to plug in and read codes. That can save time, money and headaches as you chase after things.

But no, there is no "fuse" you can pull to disable the car going into limp mode.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts