Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's the scene.... im on route 287 in New Jersey and i was cruising doing 60... i look in my rear view and i see a blue Audi S4. I think to myself 'he has a nice car.' The Blue Audi goes on the right of me, and following him was a yellow S4. These cars were modified (Springs, exhuast, rims). So i look at my V1 and see that no cops are around. So i turn the ESP off and begin to follow these two guys. the three lanes were open with clear road for about 5 miles... We all split up into each lane and gun it. First lane was me, then the yellow S4, and then the blue S4. i was ahead for a little while until the blue S4 roars past me. So i think to myself 'oh hell no!' So i push my little C even more and i knew my Kleemann wouldn't fail me. The guy looks at my as a zip past him. The yellow S4 was 2-3 car lengths back. I pull away from the blue S4 doing about 110-112 and manage to get 4-5 car lengths ahead. then i hear my V1 go off so i slowly let off the gas. all three of us pulled at the local Dunkin' Donuts and talked about cars. i have to say, that blue S4 was nice but shouldn't Audi owners know not to mess with Mercedes? One kid said he was from an Audi forums and so was his friend. that was a fun day!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was their S4 stock? If so, Kleeman doesnt seem THAT impressive...

Shouldn't a Kleeman C320 blow away a stock S4? What mods did they have?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being 4-5 car lengths at 112 mph ahead after coming from behind at 60 is quite impressive.

Don't forget that the Audi S4 is pretty quick. The Kleemann C320 is quite impressive, pulling 0-60 in around 4.7 seconds.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's not correct.. kleeman c320 does 0-60 in 6 sec or so NOT 4.7

from car and driver:<br> <br> 'Both the Kleemann C32K and CLK43K managed to preserve the docile demeanor of the donor car, yet both scored impressive track numbers. The C32K was further upgraded with Kleemann's cat-back exhaust ($765), lower springs ($385), speed-sensitive shocks ($1680), and 19-inch wheels shod in Toyo Proxes rubber ($1050 for each corner). The engine pulls strongly, clearing 60 mph in six seconds and felling the quarter in 14.5 at 97 mph. By comparison, our last C320 Sport ran 7.5 and 15.8 at 91 mph.'<br> <br> here's the link:<br> <br> http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/features/2001/December/200112_specialtyfile_kleemanc3243k.xml

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mistake, I was thinking the 430. But even then, taking 1.5 sec off 0-60 is a big difference.

Especially when it will only cost you $8000. (Evosport currently has Kleemann superchargers on sale for the 320 motor).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The blue s4 was modified...

It has a UUC Short Shifter, APR Chip, APR Exhaust, Greddy TT III, RS4 Grill, APR downpipes, Stoptech brakes, Clear corners, Carbon fiber hood, MTM Stage III Turbo upgrade, APR Stage 1 Springs, Xenons, H&R Coil Overs, Dual Blitz blow-off valves, LLtek Intake, RS4 Intercooler, UUC Driveline stabilizer, clear taillights with red bottoms, OETTINGER body kit, 19' Momo M1 wheels, tinted out. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do use all a favour...

Send us a pic of you, with your car, with the hood up showing off your Kleeman system. Didn't you just buy another Merc? To be frank, I just don't believe you anymore. When I think of the amount you've invested in your C, your age group [which sounds like mid to late 20's], and review your posts; they don't fit together...<br> <br> Anyway, I'd love to see that picture, and it would add a lot to your credibilty. If you can't find a way to be in the picture; find a local, but popular landmark.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd Like to see it in person, but...

I live in Miami. Can you post some pics though anyway. The little one you have doesnt show the car that much. I'm not so much skeptical as I am envious....thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
here's the scene.... im on route 287 in New Jersey and i was cruising doing 60... i look in my rear view and i see a blue Audi S4. I think to myself 'he has a nice car.' The Blue Audi goes on the right of me, and following him was a yellow S4. These cars were modified (Springs, exhuast, rims). So i look at my V1 and see that no cops are around. So i turn the ESP off and begin to follow these two guys. the three lanes were open with clear road for about 5 miles... We all split up into each lane and gun it. First lane was me, then the yellow S4, and then the blue S4. i was ahead for a little while until the blue S4 roars past me. So i think to myself 'oh hell no!' So i push my little C even more and i knew my Kleemann wouldn't fail me. The guy looks at my as a zip past him. The yellow S4 was 2-3 car lengths back. I pull away from the blue S4 doing about 110-112 and manage to get 4-5 car lengths ahead. then i hear my V1 go off so i slowly let off the gas. all three of us pulled at the local Dunkin' Donuts and talked about cars. i have to say, that blue S4 was nice but shouldn't Audi owners know not to mess with Mercedes? One kid said he was from an Audi forums and so was his friend. that was a fun day!
The audi S4 probably is only just chipped which cost about $1000.00 compared to the kleeman supercharger which cost ten times as much. The S4 can invest $6,000 in a APR Stage 3 Turbo upgrade and he will blow you away. He will have 412hp and 482lb of torque. Quarter mile in less than 13.5sec and 0-60 under 5sec. The S4 can do that in the dry and faster in the wet believe it or not.
That said if you do really have the kleeman supercharger nice car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts