Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280ce Cab
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal that a 95 E320 coupe would not have a kickdown button?

I've driven lots of varied types of mercedes, and all manuals have a kickdown button.

why dont I have one?

any ideas?

R

·
Registered
280ce Cab
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had checked around the accelerator, and had nocied that there was not button and the carpet was not covering anything. Following your mail I assumed that there should be one, so I went out and pulled up the carpets in the footwell, and low and behold, there is wiring. It ends in a terminal with four contacts, I assume that the button attached to this and sits in the round space under the pedal.

Now all I've got to do it get the button,

Anybady know the part# ?

Thanks

R

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
the answer......

found this answer after searching: from "thomasroberts"...

ok ppl.....
the button behing the accelerator peldal is known as the KICKDOWN button, what it simply does is that when your driving at a certain speed and u want to overtake or quickly accelerate, by pressing this button it is like if u went from the D position to the 3 position manually, only that it does it automatically. keep in mind that it will only do it when the car is going on the fourth gear so it will downshift to third. in other trannys it might be fron third to second if the car starts on first.

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
RE: the answer......

To add to what you said, be aware that (with my car, at least,) there are actually two kickdown phases: "soft" kickdown, with which the car shifts to a lower gear without the need to floor the accelerator and push the button (and this happens at relatively low speeds,) and "hard" kickdown, which requires flooring the accelerator (at slightly higher speeds.)

Shady

·
Registered
280ce Cab
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found it

http://search.carpartsteam.com/parts/newparts/carpartsteam/wizard.jsp?year=1995&make=MB&model=E-320-008&category=All&part=Kickdown+Switch

Part # P3036-27032

now I just have to find it in Ireland

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
how trustworthy is that site?? ^^ ive been looking for the center console wood. i want to replace all of it. also many little things...

·
Registered
280ce Cab
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, picked it up at a breakers yard today, they just happened to be breaking an E320 Coupe when I went it, 10 Euro, job done.

the car has just come alive, cant figure out why the previous owner would havev taken it out. I suppose with no traction control you have to be a bit carefule.

As for that store, I have no idea just surfed onto it

R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts