Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure I know the intended behavior of the kickdown switch if you press the accelerstor to the floor to activate the kickdown switch and keep the pedal pressed to the floor. In that scenario I assumed that the car would upshift normally at the proper rpm. But I’m finding that my car holds the gear that the car was kickdowned to, and will only upshift if I lift off of the accelerator just enough to release the kickdown switch.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I thought i had problems with mine never would kick down .Asked on the forum and i was told to really push it down on to the floor. And it did for me. Go and give it another try .

·
SuperModerator
13,207 Posts
Keeping the foot held down so the floor button is depressed should produce redline changes all the way up through the gears.

They're really firm buttons though so it's easy to let of the button without realising and then it's less fun.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all. Then I'll need to do some troubleshooting when I have the time. When I press and hold the accelerator fully to the floor, she will definitely kick down, but then she gets to..5600 or 5700 rpm then either wont rev higher, or the limiter kicks in and it just holds that gear. When I let up off of the accelerator ever so slightly, she will upshift

Someone here suggested ensuring my fuel pump relay is functioning normally. I'll try that route first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
ianrandom
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing