Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ML500 Inspiration
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just bought a KIA Sorento (fully loaded).

He paired his iPhone with the SUV and automatically his entire phone was downloaded in a matter of seconds. When someone calls his Iphone, the displays who is calling on the NAV screen.

I am having a difficult time getting my contacts in the NAV. I have the multimedia unit - 2008 C350.

Does someone know where I can find step by step instructions on how to get my contacts downloaded from my Iphone 3G?

I searched the forums but just got confused by the different instructions.

thx.

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Two year difference in tech. That is why.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2010 C300 works perfect with my Blackberry Storm. It shows caller ID coming across the screen and all. My complete phone book is downloaded in seconds to. Sorry your having so many issues. But 2010 C300 works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2011 c350 with build in nav,and my nav won't show caller id across the screen as well, stro can you show us how u did it? (btw i have an iphone 2g, but i don't think that is the issue here)

how did you get your phone to download to car automatically??

·
Registered
2008 C350 Blk with Gray (sold), 2011 E550 Cab, 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera/Targa 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback
230 Posts
I also have an 08 C350 with the MM. Initially, I could not get my contacts to transfer and the dealer was of little help. However, I played around with my phone which is a Blackberry and was able to transfer all contacts quite easily in about 10 seconds. Since you have a different phone it may be a different process but this is the general instructions for a Blackberry.

Once in your car with the ignition on and the phone paired up with the bluetooth, I went into the Phone menu in the MM system with the command controller. There you should find and Address Book option and eventually get to an option that says Receive Business Cards. Select the Receive Business Cards option. Now on the Blackckberry under Manage Connections I can scroll to the Bluetooth options, select it, and then a Transfer Contacts options comes up. I simply selected the Transfer Contacts and within a few seconds it started to download everything and was completed very quickly. It now works perfectly inluding caller ID, voice command or whatever. I imagine the iphone has something similar.Goodluck and hope it helps.

·
Registered
2008 C350 Blk with Gray (sold), 2011 E550 Cab, 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera/Targa 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback
230 Posts
See my other post regarding this issue.It should resolve it for you and the Blackberry.

·
Registered
2009 C350
19 Posts
iPhone is not supported because it does not use VCF cards. The dealership, post purchased, said I could use the voice dial on the phone as a substitute but makes the built in worth a bit less. I will try out the BB option.

I did purchase the PCMIA card, CF flash though (need to change to SD), exported my cards to VCF and imported in less then a minute. Another drawback, the address does not work with GPS, need to manually validate each one, even though in the car. Unless someone knows a work around. PCMIA card was less then $7 on amazon.com.

·
Registered
2010 C350
13 Posts
Droid 2 works well

For what's its worth just bought a Droid 2 and paired it easily with my 2010 C350. The address book thing bothers me though. My wife had a 2011 BMW 328xi. There is no download of contacts. The bluetooth system just talks to the phone--surprised MB hasn't got on board with this technology.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts