Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the keys are left inside the trunk with the alarm on can I open the trunk from the inside if i get the door open and open by pushing the trunk open button, i was told it could not be done let me know?

·
Registered
2000 E320
172 Posts
Good question, there's been a few times when I'm loading my grocery bags in my trunk and need to free up one hand so I would temporarily put the key in the trunk. But I always remember to take it. I know one day I will forget and close the trunk. I'll try it and see if it opens but of course I will not leave the key in the trunk just in case it doesn't open.

·
Registered
1990 500SL
146 Posts
nope, i from experience can tell you it will not open the trunk. i myself had a 2000 C230 Sport with the smart key and i only had one.... ended up having to get the lil metal key from the dealer to open it up so i didnt have to sped $280.00

·
Registered
2004.5 C 230K SS
69 Posts
No, you can not open the trunk. I speak from experience.

My 04.5 C 230 SS had this happen. I was packing my trunk for a road trip. I left my car for a little bit so I locked it up. I came back later to put one last thing in the trunk. I popped the trunk with the remote, but still leaving the alarm on. I put my key in the trunk and shut it by mistake.

If you have Teleaid, they can unlock yoru car that way. I don't have Teleaid, so I had to get an emergency tech sent out by MBUSA. He popped my door open and disconnected the battery.

When he first opened the door, my alarm went off, and you could not hit the trunk release. It would not function with the alarm going off.

Hope this helps. Learn from my mistake people![:D]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello!
I saw that you talk about keys and i wanna ask you can you please tell me why there is no KeylessGo option for M-Class and G-class, although they are very luxury!
please tell me because i have no idea about it.

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
venkata - 3/2/2005 6:18 PM

Hello!
I saw that you talk about keys and i wanna ask you can you please tell me why there is no KeylessGo option for M-Class and G-class, although they are very luxury!
please tell me because i have no idea about it.
The base design of those vehicle lines was done before Keyless Go was released. Both vehicles should now get it when the new generation debuts. It is rare when a manufactuer makes a production change as major as Keyless Go appears to be without waiting until a total redesign is warranted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts