Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '03 SL500. It has the push button engine start/stop on the gear stick, but I didn't get a keyless go card. Can a car have the push button ignition and not have keyless go?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just bought an '03 SL500. It has the push button engine start/stop on the gear stick, but I didn't get a keyless go card. Can a car have the push button ignition and not have keyless go?
Sure, if the prior owner replaced the shifter. Are there black buttons on the outside door handles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are black buttons on each of the door handles. If I do have keyless go but not the card, how much would it cost to purchase a card and have it programed for my car? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
From your information, your car has got keyless go pre-installed. You do not need to purchase any wireless card for the system to work. The keys you are having is the transmitter itself. Just try by keeping the key in your pocket while pressing the black button on the door handle. It should lock or unlock itself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Last month I ordered a replacement KeylessGo card and have it programmed by my local dealer for about $320.00 ($220 for the card and $100 for programming). It takes a couple of weeks to get the card and you have to schedule an appointment to have it programmed. Apparently they have to create a new track in the computer for the new card to work.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Actually, in 2003 & 2004, the 'Keyless-Go' has nothing to do with the key. Its all in that seperate card. 2005 was the year it was integrated into the key.

My 2003 SL cards aren't currently working, but the dealer has ordered two more to program (under my CPO warranty).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts