Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am new on forum and would appreciate for your help or any advise.

I bought w220 S400 CDI few months ago...
The problem is that when i start car with my key everything works perfect but when i start with keyless go i see BAS,ESP,ABS visit work shop messages and cant move shifter from parking...Starting again with key everything goes back to normal...
ALL things like closing, opening doors or windows working perfect with keyless go,except cant move shifter.

Scanned with carsoft tool and keyless go with no faults.
I know i should go to dealer but this is very expensive here.

Thanks for help

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Well, I don't have keyless go, and haven't seen the problem.

Have you tried the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky at the top of the W220 forum for key resets; and the reset for BAS, ESP, and ABS indications mentioned in the "Resets" link? It is possible that you have a weak battery in your key; that the key battery was recently replaced; or that your car battery was recently changed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replay.
Well after i bought a car i replaced the batteries in the both of keyless go keys and didnt reset anything...It just started to work like this.
I will check encyclopedia and gonna try to reset.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2003 S55 AMG
348 Posts
Hum, that's weird. Its as if there is no drive authorization. Normally, the antenna's pick-up the key info->keylessGo module in the trunk->EIS "OK to start" and you should be able to start the car and put it in drive. Somehow, you can start the car but unable to get it out of gear. STAR Das should show the relationship of the keylessGO key and the track number its on and show if its valid. It could well be that your EIS is bad. I think STAR Das diagnostics will reveal what is actually happening here. You can buy a clone for $380 from China and use your own laptop. Well worth the investment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bowdown: Thanks for replay. Do you know the cost of EIS ? Can i buy used and reprogram it for my car?
Also when i start with key and press brake pedal i can hear something clicking near shifter ( i think its that thing who release shifter ) but with keyless go no any sound...

·
Registered
2003 S55 AMG
348 Posts
No you can't buy an EIS or reprogram one. This is a dealer theft relevant part that they order for you and install for you. Here in the US there is no other option. Cost is about $600 for the EIS and about 1 hour to install and program using STAR diagnostics.
I spent months researching how to copy the firmware from the two internal chips and copy them into a donor EIS and decided that although there is a Chinese system the claims to do this, you still have to unsolder the two chips to be able to read them, or at least move them to another EIS. The EIS is common to all mercedes but as gone through about 5 revisions or more. Finding a donor with the exact rev is also tricky and not worth it.
If I were you I would get a STAR diagnostic report first. You never know it might not be the EIS switch itself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered mb star c3 tool and waiting for it. As soon as i get it and connect to my car i will try to look into this problem. Probably i will need help. :)
Again thanks for you help. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i got STAR and its really great thing...However i cant find where i should look for my keyless go problem. If i scan KG its says all ok and no errors. Any help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts