1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 S550 4MATIC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am a new bee to this forum :)

Is is possible to install a keyless go system if the car did not came from the factory with it?
If anyone have done this I like to know where and cost please.

Thanks,

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
'84 Euro 500SE, '85 Euro 2.3-16, '51 Euro 170S, '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, '15 G63 AMG
9,071 Posts
There are many variables to look at when installing keyless go (especially aftermarket) when it comes to a car like this.

You'll save time and money by having bought a car that has the system in it.

Various modules will need to be installed, ignition switch installed, interior will all need to come out for running wires and installing all needed components... if you have someone else do this, you'll run some high labor costs.

Forget going to the dealer and having them do it, the price will be through the roof, if they even agree to do so.

If you do it yourself, good luck! However, considering how new your vehicle still is (likely qualifies as a CPO vehicle from a dealer), there is no reason to tear into it for this feature.

Ultimately, it's your choice. Either way, we hope you enjoy your new ride, no matter what features it has!

·
Registered
2011 S550 4MATIC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are many variables to look at when installing keyless go (especially aftermarket) when it comes to a car like this.

You'll save time and money by having bought a car that has the system in it.

Various modules will need to be installed, ignition switch installed, interior will all need to come out for running wires and installing all needed components... if you have someone else do this, you'll run some high labor costs.

Forget going to the dealer and having them do it, the price will be through the roof, if they even agree to do so.

If you do it yourself, good luck! However, considering how new your vehicle still is (likely qualifies as a CPO vehicle from a dealer), there is no reason to tear into it for this feature.

Ultimately, it's your choice. Either way, we hope you enjoy your new ride, no matter what features it has!
Oh I'm enjoying it alright :)

I didn't even know these features was exist when I bought the car. I discovered it several months later and then I said may be I can get it installed and enjoy it. But I understand the complications. I only wish that Steve from Netherlands would live in US, lol.

What I read is his name exceed him :) He is the man for the job...!

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Honestly, you are probably going to spent 1/4 of the value of your car putting in a feature that will likely not increase the resale value at all.

If I were to do it, I'd spend the money on an amazing set of rims and a body kit, plus updated taillights and probably still have a few hundred $ left over, vs. the cost of installing keyless go.

If it's that important to you, find an identical car to yours and just buy it. Then sell yours. It will end up costing you nothing, other than sales tax. If your car is really nice and you get top dollar, and find a great deal on the replacement, you might even break even.

Seriously, don't add KG to your car. It is a nice-to-have but not worth what it will cost to install!

·
Registered
2011 S550 4MATIC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly, you are probably going to spent 1/4 of the value of your car putting in a feature that will likely not increase the resale value at all.

If I were to do it, I'd spend the money on an amazing set of rims and a body kit, plus updated taillights and probably still have a few hundred $ left over, vs. the cost of installing keyless go.

If it's that important to you, find an identical car to yours and just buy it. Then sell yours. It will end up costing you nothing, other than sales tax. If your car is really nice and you get top dollar, and find a great deal on the replacement, you might even break even.

Seriously, don't add KG to your car. It is a nice-to-have but not worth what it will cost to install!
I had no idea it would cost so much. I thought it may be less then $1000.
I don't care about rims and such honestly.
I like my car the way how it is.

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
'84 Euro 500SE, '85 Euro 2.3-16, '51 Euro 170S, '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, '15 G63 AMG
9,071 Posts
I had no idea it would cost so much. I thought it may be less then $1000.
I don't care about rims and such honestly.
I like my car the way how it is.
Less than $1000 on a car with complex systems like this one?? If that were possible everyone would be doing it lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.