Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the Keyless Go option on the SL500 I am ordering (I know this is the S-Class forum, not the SL--but you guys have this option), but I want the convenience of lowering the roof/windows from a distance with the SmartKey AND the convenience associated with the Keyless Go system. My question is do you recieve both types of keys (Keyless Go transponder & SmartKey) when you order Keyless Go? Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as roger stated, yes. <br> <br> You state you want to lower windows from a distance? This is my 3rd S Class since 2000. I have not been able to lower windows from a distance, only when closeup, pointing the transponder directly at the sensor in the front door handle.<br> <br> I do have keyless go with this car, I absolutly love it! As long as you have the card on you, by depressing and holding the little button on either door handle, you are able to close your windows. People are amazed at how I just walk up, place my hand on the door handle and it unlocks. Not to say, get in, touch the brake, press the top of the gear shift and the engine starts. I kid them and tell them Mercedes planted a 'chip' into the back of my neck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keyless go is the greatest thing since gasoline.<br> It is available on the new SL and for 2003 it will be available on the E-class.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts