Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the Keyless Go option on my SL I am ordering, but with that option, do you still recieve a smart key? I would like the convenience of lowering the roof from a distance using the smart key AND the convenience associated with Keyless Go. Do you recieve both key types with this option? TIA

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My understanding is that you still have the normal keys for use with valet parking and so on. The keyless go is just another way to operate the car's security system. I believe the range for opening and closing the roof is relatively small, you can't open it from 100 feet. There is somthing called 'Summer Opening' which unlocks the car and opens the roof.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

yes u get the smart card as well as the conventional mercedes benz key...<br> <br> i have tested the range of dropping the top with the key....it is not far at all i suspect the limit is about 15 ft <br> <br> but the option is definitely worth it

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
keyless go

The smartkey is always primary (over the keyless go system)<br> Beginning with the next model year (whenever that will be, since these are 2003's) the seperate keyless go card will be dropped, the keyless go functions will be adapted into the smartkey itself, at extra cost I'm sure.<br> Gilly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts