Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Looks overpriced. Go on ebay.de and find yourself a really nice Mercedes specific keyless kit. They are really cheap.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just paid $150 for my keyless entry professionally installed. They were even able to keep the stupid OEM alarm working with the keyless entry. For an extra $70 it would be money well spent to have it done by a pro IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What brand?

I just paid $150 for my keyless entry professionally installed. They were even able to keep the stupid OEM alarm working with the keyless entry. For an extra $70 it would be money well spent to have it done by a pro IMO.
What brand did they install?

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
What brand did they install?
I have the BergWerks Keyless Entry in my car and its really just a Valet 712T with pre-sorted and labeled wires.

Saw one yesterday at a car stereo shop for $85, if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gratias

I have the BergWerks Keyless Entry in my car and its really just a Valet 712T with pre-sorted and labeled wires.

Saw one yesterday at a car stereo shop for $85, if I remember correctly.
Thanks. My trusted electrical shop is pushing CodeAlarm, but they want over $220 bucks to install those. I have thought about the Do-it-Yourself plug and play one that was in a previous thread, but I'm just a little hesitant about the quality compared to an established name brand.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I have keyless entry entry on my 86 560SEL, it's made by Alpine (same as the radios) installed in 86 and still works ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts