Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help please. I recently had the dreaded problem of the IR key not turning in the ignition switch on my 1999 c200 elegance auto petrol estate. Having read previous forums on this issue, I managed to purchase a second hand EIS,ESL and ECU kit all coded together from a reputable dealer (£200 +vat). I've installed the EIS and ESL with no problem and the key now turns,hooray! however I cannot find the location of the ECU which needs to be swapped out for the car to run. I've spent quite a long time looking for it but it is not visible anywhere in the engine bay.
Any answers on this one would be hugely appreciated.:surrender:

Diy-nut

·
Registered
E230 W210 1998 India
16 Posts
I believe the ECU you need to change would be in the top right corner of the engine bay. It would be covered with a lid with 4 corner screws.

BTW, I am facing the same trouble with my E230/W210/1998, in New Delhi, and have been quoted about USD 1400 for replacement of ECU/ESL/EIS/Key. I am so amazed at your price of 200 pounds! Will appreciate if you can kindly send me the contact details of the dealer from whom you bought this. thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts