Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
lots.....low rider, hot rod, sports, well fair lady lol, model t's and model a's, oh yea a s benz...
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok totaled my 2000, just bought another 2000 they are both s430, the new one only came with one key....can i get the other cars spare reprogrammed or is it off to the dealer i go....or any other options? thanks ahead of time for any replys

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC / 2013 GL550
1,389 Posts
I don't think you have a choice, you'll have to purchase one from the dealer. I could definitely be wrong, but that's been my experience. And even at the dealer, they make you verify the VIN and order it (they don't have extras on site)

·
Registered
2003 S55 AMG
348 Posts
certain components are married to the car and cannot ever be used as donor components to another car. These are known as left relevant parts and they include the ignition switch, the keys, the transmission selector, steering module, and ECU computer.

·
Registered
lots.....low rider, hot rod, sports, well fair lady lol, model t's and model a's, oh yea a s benz...
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks that is what i thought...................

·
Registered
2003 S55 AMG
348 Posts
well I also need to clarify that IF you swapped all of them at once they would work in your car as long as its all from the same car originally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts