Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Class action attorney looking into key problems with Mercedes Benz. Please report key replacement problems to him at this web site.
http://www.fazmiclaw.com/mbzkey.html

·
Registered
05 E55/ 05 Yamaha R1
173 Posts
stupid bastards....if they were as smart as they thought, theyd sue the garage door manufacturers too. they work on the same principle. when you use rolling code, theres only so many combinations that each vehicle (ignition unit) can be "assigned".

So, owners, beware, if you lose 25 keys, you will be left with only one. each unit has 26 "codes" it can use.

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
Good job parkrog..!!! All those true ML owners like you, who already have or are close to have 8 defective keys replaced frequently/sequentially on their earlier model ML's and are being told by the dealers that they need to pay $3,000 to $4,000 dollars if they want their ML to start and be usable again are going to be glad to hear this news..

AC

·
Registered
89 300E 4Matic.
140 Posts
Thats strange. Whenever I have stuck my key in and turned it, everything worked fine. Maybe in those halcyon days, the MB spare parts marketing division boys(MB-SPMDB) weren't smart enough to design a computor that refuses to recognise the key code. I suppose these hi-tech add-ons are to prevent car theft. Today, once the professional thief has opened the door, which is the easiest part, they connect up their own computor to the electronics, and in 5 minutes have started up and departed. (Based on a true story of an insurance claim in Austria) This sort of feedback means I must stay with my old trouble-free manual, as there is no guarantee that the new computerised-transporter wont be stolen. Anyway, driving any age MB, even a 1950s cabrio now selling for $60K, gives the owner the 'feel-proud feeling'.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1998 and 1999 ML Mercedes only have 8 keys!!!
You don't have to loose them, they will just stop working.
If you jump start a ML with a running car you can kill the key - this is what dealer warned me of after I just paid over $3000.00 to get a key.
If your alternator goes out this can kill keys.

Toyota and other manufactures have similiar problems
but they don't rip off their customers like Mercedes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still need imput on dying keys and key problems.
Please help if you have had multiple key failures.
Log onto web site.
http://www.fazmiclaw.com/mbzkey.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts