Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my ML keys started to become difficult to open. I would press the button and nothing. I needed to use my fingernail to get it to open.
I studied it for a while and could not find out why it was sticking and then.....
There is a small roll pin in the metal part near to plastic housing. It had come out about 1/32". I used a pair of small pliers and seated it back it.
Perfect, like new.
Hope this may help someone else. [:eek:)]

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
I read your post and ran downstairs to my garage to fish out my spare key that HAS NOT WORKED SINCE I BOUGHT MY ML 4 YEARS AGO.

30 seconds of prying it open and figuring out what the heck you were talking about, and I fixed it with a pair of needle nose pliers!

YEEEE HAAAAAA!!!

Thanks for the EXCELLENT tip. We can't be the only ones with this problem. I am sure the dealer would charge $495 to fix this problem. LOL.

Some clarification: The roll pin holds the actual "key" part to the pivoting metal piece that is housed in the plastic remote enclosure.
You can see it when the key is partially open, but not when it is fully open or fully closed. Should save you 10 seconds. LOL.

[8D][8D]

·
Registered
2000 ML320
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad it helped at least one person. I thought about not posting it but then i figured, Why Not!
Hope it helps others too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts