Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the KC area and wanted to know if anyone has an idea what the cost is to replace the key fob to a 2000 E430 Sport? Is the dealership the only place you can go to have this done or there somewhere else that does it? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,720 Posts
We have about 174 topics on the subject. Mostly in general section.
Dealers only, but shop around since the prices vary.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Definitely call around, dealers charge whatever they like, I've seen posts from $185 to around $350. If you have a relationship with a stealer already (so you records are all on file with them) they may order it based on calling them and giving them info (and paying in advance). Otherwise it requires two trips to the dealer, one to verify you and your ownership and place the order; the other to pick it up.

If you're sticking around a couple of tips. First, click user cp and add your vehicle and location to your profile. Second, read through the sticky topics and play around with the search options; between them they'll answer 90+% of the questions/issues you'll face.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,720 Posts

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
Smart keys are typically $225 and with MBs new policy I doubt they would order one over the phone. I know the parts guy very well and he still made a copy of My DL when I had the car in for service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts