Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have a white 2001 E320 base model that I've had for a few years now and bought it with 130k miles on it and a dysfunctional driver side window motor which I've since replaced. One day the automatic locking system and trunk latch sensor stopped responding to the FOB. I tried manually controlling the locks and trunk from the center console but still nothing.. I then noticed my back seat headrests wouldn't drop down and were stuck in the upwards position.

I've checked the fuses and everything seems fine, nothing burned out. I read something about the actuators or a vacuum leak? but I don't know and I don't really trust mechanics. I take pride in doing all my own work so any help or insight would be gratefully appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,011 Posts
Hello :).

Try disconnecting battery for 10 minutes or so and reconnect. You will need to re-enter the radio code , so make sure you have it. And you also need to re-synch the seats, windows, sunroof by following the re-synch procedure.

This may temporarily fix your problem, if it is a signaling issue between the body control modules. If it does, then you need to find out what the source of the disturbance (possibly wiring inside the driver's door, if the problems occurred after you replaced the motor).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello :).

Try disconnecting battery for 10 minutes or so and reconnect. You will need to re-enter the radio code , so make sure you have it. And you also need to re-synch the seats, windows, sunroof by following the re-synch procedure.

This may temporarily fix your problem, if it is a signaling issue between the body control modules. If it does, then you need to find out what the source of the disturbance (possibly wiring inside the driver's door, if the problems occurred after you replaced the motor).
the problems actually occurred before the driver side motor was replaced and in made sure everything was connected, mounted, and sealed properly
1) where can I find the radio code? and I have an aftermarket Kenwood installed, will that make a difference?

2) what are the steps for the re-synching procedure?

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,401 Posts
Bad PSE module, recommend finding one from a facelift E320 and swap it.

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,011 Posts
the problems actually occurred before the driver side motor was replaced and in made sure everything was connected, mounted, and sealed properly
1) where can I find the radio code? and I have an aftermarket Kenwood installed, will that make a difference?

2) what are the steps for the re-synching procedure?
If the radio does not need a code to enter after its power is removed, then no need to worry about it.

The re-synch procedure is below.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/synchronize-windows-sunroof-mercedes-benz/

When removing the battery negative terminal under the rear seat, check for water contamination and collection at the bottom of the battery and the PSE, fuse panel nearby.

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,401 Posts

Hope you have the dough to pay for it....

I say facelift E320, because PSE pumps are coded to the car depending on options, and a used one from the same model same year car with same option is the least expensive option....mostly because there is no coding needed.

If you are really REALLY wanting to DIY, then follow this:

Usually the vacuum pump brushes go out. Sometimes you can get it get going by replacing the brushes and then put it back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts