Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
09 W211 Black 06 CLS500 Alabaster White
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into a starbucks key was fine when I came out my car key wont even start my car. I can't do anything the key just stopped working. Had to call the wife to rescue me she brought over my other key and it worked out fine. So I went to the dealer today thank goodness it's still under warranty and they ordered me a new key fab. It will take 2 days to get it from Texas they said. So I will keep you guys posted!

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,117 Posts
It is a good thing it was under warranty. With programming some dealers charge the price can be
over $400 at some dealers.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Went into a starbucks key was fine when I came out my car key wont even start my car. I can't do anything the key just stopped working. Had to call the wife to rescue me she brought over my other key and it worked out fine. So I went to the dealer today thank goodness it's still under warranty and they ordered me a new key fab. It will take 2 days to get it from Texas they said. So I will keep you guys posted!
You said the key did not even start the car, do you mean you were not able to open/close doors with this broken key?

Sounds like the power coil inside the key has lost contact, quite a common issue. If the coil itself is fine, re-soldering would fix it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You said the key did not even start the car, do you mean you were not able to open/close doors with this broken key?

Sounds like the power coil inside the key has lost contact, quite a common issue. If the coil itself is fine, re-soldering would fix it.
not without me using the manual key, but it still wont start the car it wont turn the ignition. The manual key can open the door but not kill the alarm so when you open the door the alarm sounds off. So yeah the key is dead the key was under warranty let the dealer deal with that key they owe me a new one.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my new key today from the dealer damn thing still needs to be programed to the car and there is no way to make it faster. Dealer said it can take 30 mins or as much as 12 hours so I said I'll just do it and leave the key in the car overnight. Well at least I got a new key that's all that matters playing around with it is simple.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
To program the key on a 211 or any EIS car, pop the key in the ignition and press any button on the key twice within 4 seconds. That is all they do, if this does not work then the EIS switch could have failed.

To test the key hold it in front of a digital camera and you should see the beam

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts