Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today they’ve delivered my ’brand new‘ U3000. I know there is a lot of work to it before turning it to an expedition vehicle.

However I was disappointed to see that the key was stuck in the cilinder and it was impossible to turn or to get the key out of the cilinder. So I wasn’t able to test the motor.

Because I can’t get the key out of the cilinder, I can’t put any WD40 In the cilinder.

Any idea how this newbie can fix this over the weekend?

Ivan

· Registered
92 2150 king cab
331 Posts
My u2150 with the newer dash, power is required for the ignition lock cylinder to turn as well as removing the key. My truck has a manual master battery disconnect switch which sometimes I forget to turn on and remember right when I try starting my truck ;-)

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'll look for new batteries to replace these old ones. Currently there are two 12V batteries of 71Ah with a dimension of 17 x 17,5 x 27,5cm (height x width x length). Would you recommend similar batteries with similar Ah? Which batteries would you recommend?

· Registered
1991 U1250 2002 U500NA
4,040 Posts
I'll look for new batteries to replace these old ones. Currently there are two 12V batteries of 71Ah with a dimension of 17 x 17,5 x 27,5cm (height x width x length). Would you recommend similar batteries with similar Ah? Which batteries would you recommend?

View attachment 2646950
If I'm correct, you're from Belgium, so there is a massive choice of batteries on European market.
I don't think in your country, you have to deal with cold winters, but the more cranking power the better, your truck has a diesel engine after all.
Something of the same size, same poles configuration with same or better Ah and reliable brand (good warranty) would get you started.

· Registered
1986 Unimog U1300L
435 Posts
Not sure if you get them over there - optima blue top or optima yellow top.
best starter batteries I can think off, they take a lot of abuse and can be revived after being flat for a long time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.