Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C180 2000.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three quick questions.....
1. Key only works when pointed directly at the drivers door. Do you think this is just a battery issue or is there anything which can be done about this?

2. Sometimes, I put the key in the ignition, all electrics turn on, steering wheel unlocks etc but the engine doesnt start, doesnt even turn over. I have done a bit of searching and I think the battery might be on the way out.

3. I have read something about a Mercedes road side service, is this only something that is available in the US and is it only for a duration of the cars life..etc etc.

Any advice would be awsome! Thank you.

Cars a C180 x reg (2000) 70k on the clock. FSH

·
Registered
2001 C240 girlfriend car
23 Posts
Have you tried using your spare remote?

Three quick questions.....
1. Key only works when pointed directly at the drivers door. Do you think this is just a battery issue or is there anything which can be done about this?

2. Sometimes, I put the key in the ignition, all electrics turn on, steering wheel unlocks etc but the engine doesnt start, doesnt even turn over. I have done a bit of searching and I think the battery might be on the way out.

3. I have read something about a Mercedes road side service, is this only something that is available in the US and is it only for a duration of the cars life..etc etc.

Any advice would be awsome! Thank you.

Cars a C180 x reg (2000) 70k on the clock. FSH

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
In the USA, roadside assistance is lifetime. No idea about the UK.

The remote has three parts: Infrared, radio, Smartkey. The Smartkey unlocks the steering wheel, and does not need a battery to work. The radio is responsible for the remote locking. There is a receiver above the headliner in the back. The infrared is what you get when you point it at the door (and is also how the Smartkey communicates). Both the second and third functions depend on the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts