Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1963 Unimog 404-S
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there either have or know where to get a Key and Ignition Switch for a 404? I've tried a couple places (EuroTruck Imp., Expedition Imports) but haven't had much luck.

Or, conversely, I heard mention on here of a way to update it to a newer switch...I'm not concerned with keeping it original...just want to keep it running! Is there info on a conversion?

thanks a ton!

-Ted

·
Registered
Unimogs
861 Posts
Hi Ted,

Not sure who you talked to or if you just couldn't get in touch, but that is a common ignition switch that is on the shelf, new MB. (Yes Pricey, I know)

Expedition Imports Corporation Ignition Switch and Key

A little easier on the pocket book is the 406/416 ignition switch which can be easily wired in.

Expedition Imports Corporation Ignition Switch - 404.0/406/416

If it so happens that you need to change out the 404 ignition switch and the light switch, I would go with the single 406/416 switch which is a savings of close to $400. You will lose your blackout functionality, but keep most everything else. This is slated for a web tutorial when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Scott

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Hi Ted,

Not sure who you talked to or if you just couldn't get in touch, but that is a common ignition switch that is on the shelf, new MB. (Yes Pricey, I know)

Expedition Imports Corporation Ignition Switch and Key

A little easier on the pocket book is the 406/416 ignition switch which can be easily wired in.

Expedition Imports Corporation Ignition Switch - 404.0/406/416

If it so happens that you need to change out the 404 ignition switch and the light switch, I would go with the single 406/416 switch which is a savings of close to $400. You will lose your blackout functionality, but keep most everything else. This is slated for a web tutorial when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Scott
Scott...Say it isn't soo! $$$

·
Registered
1963 Unimog 404-S
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies, guys. Scott, I think an email just got lost in the ether. No big deal, thanks for the response.

My order will be coming through!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts