Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have had my 350 since July 04 and still love it. As well as putting my name on the list for the 350 I alo put my name for the SLK 55AMG...To my surprise it will be ready for April if I want to put my order in!!

I don't know if it is worth the extra! 15K extra in pounds!!
I also don't know whether to stick with Iridium with Red Leather or go for Black with Red LEather

Opinions would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
I love my Iridium and Red 350. Keep it, unless the extra speed is something you can't live without. I like the clean lines of the stock SLK. The AMGs look too busy.

Roberta[:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Can you survive the car tax and insurance extra?

If so, go for it. Or wait another few years and be one of the first to get the SLK 63 [;)]

I'm sure you'll enjoy your 350 for a few more years with lots of gusto [:)]

·
Registered
SLK 350
69 Posts
Hi Shry

I think your decision should also depend on how much your dealer is willing to give you in part exchange. If the loss is not too much I'd say go for it you only live once!

You will be surpised how much better the AMG looks compared to cars with standard body - and you also get the power too and of course the badge.

·
Registered
BMW
900 Posts
I think I would be inclined to keep the 350 a while longer. If you can keep it for another two and a half years, and put your name down again, you could be one of the first with one of those. It seems likely MY 2008 gets the new engines, which means the first cars would appear September 2007, which isn't so far away. Chances are there will be a facelift at the same time, too.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
I agree with Steve-p. Drive the 350 for another two years and get in line for the re-engined AMG. I don't know how often you can make use of the extra H.P. in the London area.

Shry, since you have had your 350 longer than most of us, how about giving us a report on your 6 months of ownership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When did you put your name down for the 55AMG? I put my name down in July 2004, was told I should expect it late 2005 or January 2006!

·
Registered
SLK 350
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All - Thanks for the advice:

Stefan: I put my name down on the list in July 2004 and was 400th on the UK list with the dealer who also had 4 others on order who were near the front like 30th - 45th and 170th....I also got quoted Late 2005 / early 2006 but I think the guy / gal 30th on list has pulled out and I have been offered the position...so I was at the right place at the right time!!

Duo: 6 month Rundown - I will post another thread for the 6 month lowdown...

I have done my research and have noted that selling it privately I will actually be able to redeem all the money I purchased the 350 for - hence no loss there and as YAPPYM said you only live once!!

So baring in mind I will get AMG approx a year earlier than I expected plus haven't lost money on mine - I thought it would be a good move....plus the AMG kit looks brilliant in my opinion.

Although I love Iridium and red leather - I am very tempted by Black with red leather!!

I would be interested in seeing Anthony100 black car after bodykit.

Thanks all

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Shry,

If you can actually sell your car for what it cost you, then I would advise you to go for the SLK 55. You've gotten 6 months of use without depreciation.

·
Registered
BMW
900 Posts
Shry - 1/31/2005 12:06 PM
I have done my research and have noted that selling it privately I will actually be able to redeem all the money I purchased the 350 for - hence no loss there and as YAPPYM said you only live once!!
Are you sure? Don't assume that people are selling their cars for the advertised price. They may not be selling at the price they want, or they may be forced into taking a lower offer. A few people on other lists have had to take a few thousand hit on the list price to sell the car.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
45 Posts
I would tend to agree with Shinigami. I love my '55 but I really can't utilize much of the power of the V8 due to SF bay area traffic. Get on the list for the next revision and let MB work out the bugs on the R171 between now and when the '63 is released.

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
Hi shry I got mine in July as well, thinking (only thinking) of getting the new S class at the end of the year/early 06, wife likes the extra space that comes with the S. What I want with a car I dont know I have not reached 900 miles in the 350 yet.

gary

·
Registered
SLK 350
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SteveP - I guess you are right - I will only find out when I come to selling how much I could get for it...

But after seeing the thread from B.W. on his black AMG - it looks so nice...

I am thinking of keeping 55 for 1 year and put my order in for the new SL which will have the SLK nose.

GAry - you have done well to only clock 900 miles...and the new S is brilliant...go for it! but you will miss the sports feeling and top down during summer...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts