Mercedes E320 2001
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
1,919 Posts
Tony,

Welcome to the Forum. Go to the w210 e55,e50 forum. A guy just put new lights on his car that look the same( My not be the same brand) he has pics. :thumbsup:

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,206 Posts
saw these several months ago, and the thing that struck me is that the pic with
the angel eyes....doesnt appear in the headlight photo directly above it, causing
me to wonder if it's on there at all. if so, where? inherent with most angel eyes
which uses cold light or plastic reflectance or fiber optic techniques, it is usually
a pretty good size. but in the headlight assembly photo, i'm just not seeing it.

also, be aware that a number of the aftermarket headlights for w210 will use
smaller bulb size ie not H7. this allows them to go with slimmer reflector and/or
smaller projector. in nearly all cases, their R&D does a poor job of producing a
light system which comes anywhere near OEM in terms of brightness or smooth-
ness in beam pattern/output in front of the car. the ad isn't clarifying which
bulb(s) is used for low/high.

·
Registered
Mercedes E320 2001
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback so far, and thanks for the warm welcome! I think these lights are creating more question than answers! Can anyone suggest (besides OM) lights for my car?

Tony

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,206 Posts
i think if you use the SEARCH function, you'll find other threads on headlight mods
and upgrades. pay particular attention to posts by ZAM2000. also, search for
word DEPO....which, though not what you'd call quality item, is better aftermarket
than others out there. i believe all aftermarket are Asian manuf. bottom line is
what quality you're looking for....as well as how much you're willing to spend. i
may have a used pre-face lift available in a month or so, but nothing for your facelift.

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
1,919 Posts
tonyr69 said:
Thanks for the feedback so far, and thanks for the warm welcome! I think these lights are creating more question than answers! Can anyone suggest (besides OM) lights for my car?

Tony
Tony,

What wheels do you have? Do you have more pics of your car?

·
Registered
98 320
448 Posts
raymond- said:
i think if you use the SEARCH function, you'll find other threads on headlight mods
and upgrades. pay particular attention to posts by ZAM2000. also, search for
word DEPO....which, though not what you'd call quality item, is better aftermarket
than others out there. i believe all aftermarket are Asian manuf. bottom line is
what quality you're looking for....as well as how much you're willing to spend. i
may have a used pre-face lift available in a month or so, but nothing for your facelift.
If those become available I am very intersted.

·
Registered
Mercedes E320 2001
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AMG 18's... I'm actually thinking of going with some aftermarket 19's.

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
That looks strange without the fan up front. I assume that you have an electric fan behind the radiator.

Is there supposed to be a plastic guard in front of the condensor?

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
tonyr69 said:
The fan behind the radiator...
I know there is a fan behind the rad, I remember seeing a non AMG car that has the two aux. fan in front and just so u know AMG55 has 2 aux fans in front.

·
Registered
Mercedes E320 2001
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I'm actually going to leave in about 20minutes to have some guy look at the car. I hope to get it done this week. So far from the information I've got in the forums, people are suggesting Bilstiens struts and H&R springs.. What do think?

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
you mean Bilstein Sport shocks & H&R Sport Spring - are good combo for W210 so far.

·
Registered
Mercedes E320 2001
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right Bilstein shocks...The guy at the suspension place is trying to sell me on the Eibachs...What do you think?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts