Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 W126 420SE .2005 YAMAHA WR450.1984 BMW K100RS.1972 BULTACO 250 SHERPA T.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Gentlrmen, after procrastinating over forum answers from way back in 2006, I finally had enough of the rear end bounce on my 420SE. I quickly did the job this evening. I still encountered a problem with the bleeding method although in retrospect I did need to top up the resevoir 5 times and must have used 2 litres of fluid while doing the "wheels of ground" method.
Back on the ground (with the rear looking like a low rider) topped up some more fluid and hitched up the camper trailer - 120Kg on the tow ball.
My son maintained the 3,000rpm and I wound the trailer up and down on the hitch, plus a bit of jumping for good measure. EUREKA! JOB DONE. Test ride, kids no longer hitting their heads on roof lining in the back seat.
I purchased the Accumulators from our local Merc dealer $AU138 ea LEMFORDER (German brand) They do not stock genuine at $AU600 ea.
While there, I enquired about a replacement suppressor for a plug lead..........
genuine part $AU135!!!!!!!!!!!! WAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
I guess you have to pick and choose.
One last thing, I replaced the twin fuel pumps 3 days ago. Genuine Bosch on ebay in Australia $AU306 the pair. Anyway, my point in writing was to thank all those kind people, who over the years have imparted their knowledge to us so that we may have a go at these satisfying repairs. THANK$$$$$$$$$

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,587 Posts
A full set of new Beru leads cost about $380 from MB Spares in Canberra, however with the current exchange rate, I have been buying parts from the US and having them shipped - still work out cheaper...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a coincidence.

A full set of new Beru leads cost about $380 from MB Spares in Canberra, however with the current exchange rate, I have been buying parts from the US and having them shipped - still work out cheaper...
When purchasing the Accumulators I enquired as to a genuine set of leads. I think he quoted $AU800! But my hearing aint what it use to be. Luckily they don't stock these either! So I purchased a set of Beru leads at the time (my price $AU274.48). I spoke to my dad that night. "I told you it's not a working man's car!" ........Now he tells me! But never mind cos I aint workin. Know wot I mean?
bye for now. R.SNELL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SETTLE DOWN.

:beerchugr:
"kids no longer hitting their heads on roof lining in the back seat."

roflmfao :D
How come your Avatar is a picture of my car? 1990 420SE Almondine with plain Nevada red skirt and bumpers? NICE NICE NICE. The only combination I like better now is an SEL in sort of gunmetal metallic.

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,587 Posts
When purchasing the Accumulators I enquired as to a genuine set of leads. I think he quoted $AU800! But my hearing aint what it use to be. Luckily they don't stock these either! So I purchased a set of Beru leads at the time (my price $AU274.48). I spoke to my dad that night. "I told you it's not a working man's car!" ........Now he tells me! But never mind cos I aint workin. Know wot I mean?
bye for now. R.SNELL
MB Spares are not a dealership, they stock and sell parts for mostly classic MB's in AU but do carry 126 parts.

Their prices are 9 out of 10 times much cheaper than the dealers.

They will ship all over AU, but as I said at the moment I am getting even better deals out of the US with the current exchange rate...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts