Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500E many W124 Wagon and R129 500s
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(hello moderator - please dont move this to the end of a long and diluted thread -i have scoured all archives etc and posted the question a few times only to be tagged onto a long thread and lost in the white noise -maybe this could be "the ultimate K2 ANSWER"? - someone must know the answer:)

K2 spring kit - can anyone clear up by providing an MB part number ?

on all exploded 722 tranny diagrams it is shown as the same part as the K1 spring kit - however (pic attached) the spring that came out is different -has the k2 kit been superceded by replacing it with the K1 plunger kit shown ?

all the best al :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excellent:):):)

looks like mystery solved -this technical bulletin would confirm that the original part has been superceded by the K1 kit and in fact the K1 AND K2 spring/plunger kit are one and the same

this will i am sure save a lot of people a lot of head scratching !:thumbsup:

many thanks

AL

·
Registered
1983 300D, 1983 280E euro, 1985 280TE euro 5 manual, 1985 300D, 1985 300TD euro
63 Posts
(hello moderator - please dont move this to the end of a long and diluted thread -i have scoured all archives etc and posted the question a few times only to be tagged onto a long thread and lost in the white noise -maybe this could be "the ultimate K2 ANSWER"? - someone must know the answer:)

on all exploded 722 tranny diagrams it is shown as the same part as the K1 spring kit - however (pic attached) the spring that came out is different -has the k2 kit been superceded by replacing it with the K1 plunger kit shown ?

Garrett, Is that the right part for 1983 300td Federal? Have you ever played with these kits, it sound like "A MUST" hoist job. Please contact me and I would like have you to adjust one or two diesel motors to have proper idling when start in a cold morning. I would like show you those exciting W123 wagons.

·
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
Has anyone tried this solution on 722.3 in M119 in 140 or 129?

My slip in 3rd-to4th, and would like to try this...

BTW, yes indeed, I ve been scratching my head over this for good 2-3 years...

·
Registered
1 Posts

K2 part is no longer a mystery... 1262700435 comes with a new piston, teflon seal rings, and 2 springs, everything you have pictured

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent

I am sure this will help people for many years to come :thumbsup:

alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts