Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C240
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the K&N airfilters are any good in a C240 (or C320)?
i put a cone filter in my last benz (W202 C280) and liked the sound.
but seeing as there's no way to put a cone in this one (the C240) i was wondering if anyone knows is the K&N inserts will give the same result.

thanks.

[chris]

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
There was many discussion on BenzWorld regarding K&N Filters. Sometimes you will be lucky it does not damage your MAF. I spoke once about it with the chief of MB Garage, he said that the oil that comes with the filter could damage the MAF and other components linked to the air intake system. The best way to insure best power is to have your air filter cleaned regurarly.

Eddie

·
Registered
2003 C320 2004 lexus is300
75 Posts
I just put the K&N air filters into my '03 c320. I love the sound and it does make a little difference in my accelerate, but then again thats my opinion. I did talk to benz dealer and they said the people who pay for their warranty repairs will not pay for your warranty repair not because it could damage, but because it is not authentic mercedes part. All they want is to make money off you when the authentic mercedes part could not functional as well.

Like I said all this is my opinion, I really like the new air filters and you can try it if you want.

·
Registered
2002 c230K black coupe
113 Posts
I tried it on my c230K and no sound what so ever and didn't feel a difference so I go the K&N replacement filter instead but it's just to be able to clean it myself

·
Registered
2017 GLC 300 4Matic fully loaded... but for the heated steering wheel. Stupid previous owner! 😠
1,142 Posts
As far as I know, all vehicles are covered under the warranty no matter what you modify, as long as it is not mechanical.

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
Whosdis, Changing the filter type would be an alteration that could mechanically affect the vehicle. It is certainly not cosmetic.

·
Registered
2017 GLC 300 4Matic fully loaded... but for the heated steering wheel. Stupid previous owner! 😠
1,142 Posts
You are right. I'm sure there is, howerver, information on the net about this. I'll look into it and let everyone know.

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon
1,023 Posts
I have had K&N's for over 2 years and 60K miles... deff makes difference in driving and gas mileage. Just make sure you clean them regularly. No problems and no harm done to the engine or intake components.

P.S. used K&N's in all my cars prior to this one.

·
Registered
2003 C320 2004 lexus is300
75 Posts
johnamoss said:
Whosdis, Changing the filter type would be an alteration that could mechanically affect the vehicle. It is certainly not cosmetic.
I found this from K&N's website.

We want to make sure that when you buy a K&N Lifetime Air Filter or Air Intake System, you can be confident your vehicle's warranty will not be impacted. We also want you to feel confident that even if you experience a difficult dealership, we will step-in and resolve the issue, so you won't have to. Therefore, we make the following Pledge:

K&N pledges to our customers that they will not be taken advantage of and charged for a repair due to a dealership warranty denial blamed on the presence of a K&N product. (See Details Below).

Steven Rogers, CEO
Consumers buy aftermarket products for many reasons; higher quality, added performance, visual appeal, work requirements or just as a way to be different. The Car Companies do not like aftermarket products and never have. They believe consumers should only buy their parts. There is a battle going on for your freedom of choice and that freedom is being threatened by a number of wolves dressed in sheep’s clothing. Be it in the name of emissions standards, public safety, warranty requirements, or dependence on foreign oil, all these worthy causes may be used as a reason to reduce your right to choose and force you to buy only O/E Parts. That’s why on virtually every aftermarket company's web site; you will see a reference to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a law needed to protect your right to buy non-O/E parts. There has even been a bill introduced recently in Congress called the “Right to Repair Act,” a bill designed to protect your right to have your vehicle serviced by an independent repair facility.

A frustrating problem we occasionally face is service technicians making false or unsubstantiated claims about aftermarket products, even something as standard as a K&N air filter going in the factory air box. These false allegations may then used as a reason to deny a legitimate warranty claim and force a consumer to pay money when they should not. We are horrified that the presence of aftermarket products could in rare instances be used as an excuse for taking advantage of a consumer. In all instances we have experienced so far, the dealership’s position is mere speculation unsupported by any evidence. However, the dealership is in the “power position” and more often than not, they will win this unfair fight with a consumer, who needs their vehicle back. We are going to balance the scales a bit. We will use our resources to make the consumer whole and challenge the dealership.

Pledge Details
K&N warrants that a properly installed and maintained K&N product will not cause harm to any engine component and will not result in a warranty denial. We will promptly reimburse the consumer for the cost of the repair if a dealership denies warranty coverage as a result of a K&N product. In order to receive reimbursement, a consumer must provide the following:

A written statement or repair order from the dealership in which the dealership blames the problem or warranty denial on a K&N product.

A written request to the dealership to send the broken part directly to K&N at K&N’s expense. We will need the evidence.

Your cooperation in helping us pursue our claim for reimbursement from the dealership.

K&N will then contact the dealership and insist they present evidence to support their allegation or reimburse K&N for the cost of the repair. We strive to exceed consumer expectations. Customer service can be reached at 1-800-858-3333.

·
Registered
2006 C230 Sedan
75 Posts
I just replaced the two air filters in my V6 2006 C230 and I love the sound under acceleration. Seems faster too....but that might be a metal thing? I figure the two K&N air filters cost me $78 they are good for a million miles, where as the MB (made by Mann) cost $59 and need to be replaced every 13k miles. Therefore the K&N was natural choice because I will not have to buy another air filter EVER again for the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts