Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The C320,i assume (according to all MB information)<br>uses the same engine as the E320, M320,SLK320, therefor all these identical engines would have an<br>identical air filter, does anyone know if K&N makes a filter for the V6 series 320 engines, and are they<br>therefor available for the C320? i have tried numerous K&N sites but they are not very user friendly or easy to use.Any information about this, i<br>would be greatfull for.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It doesn't follow...

that just because the engines are identical that the air filters are also identical. The shape of the air filter is determined by the shape of the air filter housing, which can vary greatly between cars due to space restrictions (e.g., the C320 will have less space under the hood than an E320). The best thing to do would be to take your stock C320 filter and compare it to a stock filter from an E320, ML320, or SLK320.<p>That aside, don't bother buying a K&N filter until you do some other upgrades, you will get ZERO performance gain by just putting a K&N filter in a totally stock car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts