Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked in the sticky's bud did not find my answer. Does installing K&N air filters are not good with the Mass air flow meter?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I have checked in the sticky's bud did not find my answer. Does installing K&N air filters are not good with the Mass air flow meter?
Lots of threads on this subject. Use the "Google custom search" window on top right hand corner of the page.

The consensus is that they can contaminate the MAF sensor if improperly oiled.

Your E550 doesn't have enough power?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power

Lots of threads on this subject. Use the "Google custom search" window on top right hand corner of the page.

The consensus is that they can contaminate the MAF sensor if improperly oiled.

Your E550 doesn't have enough power?
The power is ok for now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
these are very poorly thought of on a motorcycle forum i frequent (klr650.net), for not filtering as effectively as stock.

i had one on my e430 and didn't notice any power gain.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
For w210s, if that is what you are referring it for, it's a waste of $$.

For any MB for that matter.

·
Registered
349 Posts
here's what seems a pretty well researched article (there are plenty, the positive ones seem to have a predicable source...);

https://nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

my takeaway? in a dusty environment (like dirt bike riding), one could definitely increase engine wear quickly. in a relatively clean one, the difference could be minimal. since the power gains are also minimal, why not err on the side of engine protection and longevity?

i think it more important to replace that filter on time.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
here's what seems a pretty well researched article (there are plenty, the positive ones seem to have a predicable source...);

https://nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

my takeaway? in a dusty environment (like dirt bike riding), one could definitely increase engine wear quickly. in a relatively clean one, the difference could be minimal. since the power gains are also minimal, why not err on the side of engine protection and longevity?

i think it more important to replace that filter on time.
We all live in a dusty environment to all degrees (ie. any city in the world as an example).
Just look at all the particulates that accumulate on a weekly bases along the highways, roadways.

Yes. oem filters are cheap investment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts