Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D:Dhello, just used meguires leather treatment on the e420, it work awesome, it was soft almost immediately, we also use 303 aero stuff, it works awesom, gives it a natural factory gloss.........

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I've never used that leather treatment, but my seats aren't leather. In any case, it's good to hear that you are not subjecting your Benz to the blasphemy that is Armor-All.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've never used that leather treatment, but my seats aren't leather. In any case, it's good to hear that you are not subjecting your Benz to the blasphemy that is Armor-All.
A w210 without leather?? Pics? I also used meguires leather conditioner with good results.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
As far as i know they all have leather, but not everywhere. Seats, gathered areas on the doors, center and side arm rests, that's about it I think.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
W210 Diesel Estates I find do not have full leather... they have MB-Tex/Leather... where the seating surface is leather (the perforated part) and the rest of the seat and door panels are MB-Tex.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It depends what part of the world the car was originally sold in. Lots of W210 Mercs are sold with vinyl interiors in Europe where they are popular for use as taxis.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I recovered the front armrest in leather, but it was originally vinyl. The steering wheel came covered in leather, but that is it. The rest of the interior is 100% vinyl. It was a US car originally, but ordered with almost no options.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Is there a way to read the codes that can tell if car came with full leather or leather inserts. I have this piece of paper which i believe is the build sheet fill with tiny numbers.

I recovered the front armrest in leather, but it was originally vinyl. The steering wheel came covered in leather, but that is it. The rest of the interior is 100% vinyl. It was a US car originally, but ordered with almost no options.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
I don't think any of the E-Class have full leather and I was wrong earlier. I said the seats are leather and they aren't entirely (inserts are in other words and not the backs). I believe the MB intent, at least for the US market, was to use leather on everything the driver is likely to touch. Steering wheel, shift knob, armrests, and that portion of the seats.

For what this is worth and from what I have seen, the new E350 has MB-Tex everywhere and it's about a $1500 option if you want leather instead wherever they put that now. I don't know anything about the E500 or E550 in this regard.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Matt L... I think it's funny that every time you mention not having leather you get a hit on "What? A 210 with no leather?"

Benzcouple: Meguiar's makes some really good stuff. I've not tried their leather treatment -- nor the Leatherique mentioned in the Sticky -- but have had good results with Zymol (I usually wait too long to do it, so I use both their cleaner, which is a bit smelly, and then their treatment/conditioner).

How did the Meguiar's product smell? Is it an all-in-one, cleaner, treatment conditioner or just the latter?

Musikmann: I have a friend with an E63...excellent car of course, but the reason I mention it is that his headliner is some sort of synthetic suede. Feels and looks great. I don't know if that's the standard for all the newer 211s but it is pretty great. Of course I don't know how it will look after a couple of years if the driver is tall with greasy hair. :D

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
...Musikmann: I have a friend with an E63...excellent car of course, but the reason I mention it is that his headliner is some sort of synthetic suede. Feels and looks great. I don't know if that's the standard for all the newer 211s but it is pretty great. Of course I don't know how it will look after a couple of years if the driver is tall with greasy hair...Greg
That sounds like Alacantra, and I think it's standard on certain models; maybe an oprion on others, but I don't know that. I have no idea what that material is made of.

p.s. It must be nice to "run" in such exclusive circles ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Matt L... I think it's funny that every time you mention not having leather you get a hit on "What? A 210 with no leather?"

Benzcouple: Meguiar's makes some really good stuff. I've not tried their leather treatment -- nor the Leatherique mentioned in the Sticky -- but have had good results with Zymol (I usually wait too long to do it, so I use both their cleaner, which is a bit smelly, and then their treatment/conditioner).

How did the Meguiar's product smell? Is it an all-in-one, cleaner, treatment conditioner or just the latter?

Musikmann: I have a friend with an E63...excellent car of course, but the reason I mention it is that his headliner is some sort of synthetic suede. Feels and looks great. I don't know if that's the standard for all the newer 211s but it is pretty great. Of course I don't know how it will look after a couple of years if the driver is tall with greasy hair. :D

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
The meguiars leather conditioner smells very nice. My car smells fresh after I use it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts