Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a deal on a nice 2001 E55 and went for it.. dont regret it one bit! I'm looking for some tasty upgrades, nothing too crazy, it performs just fine as it is! What would you recommend?

Heres some pics for your enjoyment!

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
W203, W210 Moderator
6,905 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to AMG Section!

Whats the mileage? anyway here's what I recommend but not an upgrade mainly for 7yr old car (depends on what service maint. recently performed) maintenance issue; AT fluid change, all filters, air, cabin, fuel filter, sys. oil, spark plugs, serpentine belt; all fluids, brake fluid, power steering, coolant...etc, check all the above.

Upgrade your suspension to H&R Sport spring & Biltein Sport shocks; x-pipe; resonatore delete.

Cheers,
JOE55

·
Registered
414 Posts
hey that's my car! minus the interior though. Looks sharp, I did the flat amg badge,blackout grille and clear corners. I have pics somewhere. ALso where is your shift knob ;-)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went right to work..

I removed my resonator today, sounds so much better.. not going to take off the cats for the xpipe (not worth the smog deal).
I will check out all the maintenance stuff though, sounds like its a must..

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went right to work..

I removed my resonator today, sounds so much better.. not going to take off the cats for the xpipe (not worth the smog deal).
I will check out all the maintenance stuff though, sounds like its a must..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but many people with E55s replaced resonators with x-pipes.

D

·
0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but many people with E55s replaced resonators with x-pipes.

you are correct.

Dabador, get rid of those straight pipes and put in the proper X-pipe, replacing resonator without X-pipe won't give you any power just sound.

D

·
0 Posts
on another note, gorgeous VERY rare white/ two tone E55! there can't be more than a handful of those in the world.

A few suggestions. Sell the chrome wheels get the silver monos, looks much better. Get rid of the headlight chrome rings, and drop the car a tag.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congratulations! Very nice looking E55.
:thumbsup:
Found a deal on a nice 2001 E55 and went for it.. dont regret it one bit! I'm looking for some tasty upgrades, nothing too crazy, it performs just fine as it is! What would you recommend?

Heres some pics for your enjoyment!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
on another note, gorgeous VERY rare white/ two tone E55! there can't be more than a handful of those in the world.

A few suggestions. Sell the chrome wheels get the silver monos, looks much better. Get rid of the headlight chrome rings, and drop the car a tag.
An absolutely gorgeous color. White is rare, and two tone is rarer. And with all due respect, I have to agree with Dr. C36; anything but the chrome rims. Silver would look best.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sweet, get some new floor mats with the matching white piping. the dealership has them for 100 bucks! does wonders for the interior! Great ride, welcome to the world of bad ass benzes!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, i actually had them in the trunk.. found out a week after i got the car heh. what i'm really looking for is a good sound system, the bose thats inside right now really sucks.. anyone had this issue??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bose sound system should be called "blows" sound system. I am currently looking for a stereo upgrade too! I have never really been impressed with over-priced bose stuff. There's a lot more bang for the buck out there, I'm sure.let me know what you go with?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts